Australorps breed Thread

Is it possible to have two "sections" under Black Australorps? Such as:

BYC Forum > Chicken Breeds > Genetics & Showing > Australorps Breed Thread ..... and
BYC Forum > Chicken Breeds > Breeds > Australorps Breed Thread

That way the purists of this breed can post to the 'Genetics & Showing' thread, and the rest of us wannabe's and/or just lovers of the breed can post to the 'Breeds' thread....I dunno...just thinkin'....
caf.gif
that idea has been accomplished with the Brahma threads

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/873000/brahma-breeders-thread/190#post_13376019

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/734972/backyard-brahmas/1570#post_13374959

Hupp Farm will no longer be selling and shipping any hatching eggs on this planet!
The ignorance, carelessness and unprofessionalism of the USPS has broken our last straw.
Too many times have they lost shipments, postponed shipments and damaged shipments that I am sick of the stupidity that runs wild in the government work force.

We will sell hatching eggs, chicks and mature stock only from our farm where folks can see live eggs(candled before their eyes) chicks chirping and mature stock cackling and crowing and then take them home knowing that what they now have is ALIVE!

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause perspective customers that were on our mailing list but we will NOT have our reputation be damaged the shallow gene pool that runs this nation.

Good luck to you all and happy hatches

Hupp Farm will no longer be selling and shipping any hatching eggs on this planet!
The ignorance, carelessness and unprofessionalism of the USPS has broken our last straw.
Too many times have they lost shipments, postponed shipments and damaged shipments that I am sick of the stupidity that runs wild in the government work force.

We will sell hatching eggs, chicks and mature stock only from our farm where folks can see live eggs(candled before their eyes) chicks chirping and mature stock cackling and crowing and then take them home knowing that what they now have is ALIVE!

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause perspective customers that were on our mailing list but we will NOT have our reputation be damaged the shallow gene pool that runs this nation.

Good luck to you all and happy hatches
So sorry to hear this. I was so hoping to acquire some of your amazing birds via hatching eggs when I had worked up the courage to start hatching (or if one of my current little ladies decided to grow up into a good broody). I do not see the ability to travel to Texas in my future. So sad.

Completely understand your decision. Had, in the recent past, my own issues with the USPS. I, along with many others I am sure, will greatly mourn the lost opportunity.

I was waiting for you to peep up with this thread ! LOL
And why not? I consider my thread a bastion for the disenfranchised novices who are too weak to stand up to some snooty folks. Just last week, I saw the starter of a certain thread and a MODERATOR at that, give a poor neophyte the bums-rush, telling her that her bird looked well cared for but she didn't belong on that thread. What a crock! This lady had been following the thread and considered herself as a member of the 'club' but when she showed the 'gall' to post a pic of her obvious hatchery stock and ask some simple question about them, she was very politely and deftly shown the door, killing the opportunity to bring on another convert to Heritage birds.

The cretin had the good sense to delete the posts as was in his power to do. He recognized that he was an azz when I offered the same line to this poor gal.

And why not? I consider my thread a bastion for the disenfranchised novices who are too weak to stand up to some snooty folks. Just last week, I saw the starter of a certain thread and a MODERATOR at that, give a poor neophyte the bums-rush, telling her that her bird looked well cared for but she didn't belong on that thread. What a crock! This lady had been following the thread and considered herself as a member of the 'club' but when she showed the 'gall' to post a pic of her obvious hatchery stock and ask some simple question about them, she was very politely and deftly shown the door, killing the opportunity to bring on another convert to Heritage birds.

The cretin had the good sense to delete the posts as was in his power to do. He recognized that he was an azz when I offered the same line to this poor gal.
It is best when we can all participate.

I love your production thread too. Thanks for starting it and keeping it going.

Originally Posted by RossAussie 
I received Ross's Booklets a couple of weeks ago and they are worth way more than the cost requested. Obviously they are a steal at any price! How can you put a price on the knowledge Ross has. You can Not! It is only a shame people have to be so Idiotic and run such a Master breeder away that has an endless wealth of knowledge and was willing to share.

Ross has helped me more than once and I will always respect & value his opinion. Ross knows BA's & breeding while most of us on here are just Wannabes.

Ross if you read this Thank You Again!! I will always consider you a Friend!

Dan

I wish I had had the money to order books from him. It's been a rough year financially. I miss Ross' knowledge and am trying to get my hands on as much info as possible as I start my breeding program. Any idea if he'll continue to make these books available to us?

I've been criticized for stating that some lines can be sexed by the length of the wing feathers by 1 week of age.  I'm sorry if that poster didn't believe me, but I have NEVER been wrong with my birds.  I can't vouch for his lines, but I find it possible with the orpingtons I've got too.  I only have a couple that I was wondering about, but I ended up being right.

I want quality Orps and Australorps but I'm not planning on showing them around the country.   Honestly, even if I could, the biosecurity issue scares me.  I'll let my own birds' performance for my self and others be my guide as to who should be bred and who should be culled from breeding.  

I tried feather sexing my now 3 month olds when they first hatched. According to their primary feathers, they were all pullets. Now at 3 months of age, I think I might have 3 pullets. LOL It really does depend on the line.

And why not?  I consider my thread a bastion for the disenfranchised novices who are too weak to stand up to some snooty folks.  Just last week, I saw the starter of a certain thread and a MODERATOR at that, give a poor neophyte the bums-rush, telling her that her bird looked well cared for but she didn't belong on that thread.  What a crock!  This lady had been following the thread and considered herself as a member of the 'club' but when she showed the 'gall' to post a pic of her obvious hatchery stock and ask some simple question about them, she was very politely and deftly shown the door, killing the opportunity to bring on another convert to Heritage birds.

The cretin had the good sense to delete the posts as was in his power to do.  He recognized that he was an azz when I offered the same line to this poor gal.

Mine aren't hatchery birds and I still hesitate to post pictures for this very reason. IMO, pictures do not do most birds justice to their true quality. And there are just too many people out there eager to put down someone else's birds to try to make themselves look better.

G'day folks,
completely agree that our pics rarely do our birds justice. They're terrible posers! However, I've not noticed much rubbishing of birds on this thread. Folks are generally very encouraging, whether the birds are Utility strains or Exhibition. Most of us started off with Utility stock. Dan, I understand your frustration with the 'trivial stuff', but, as a lover of the breed, I'm all in favour of encouraging novices. Today's novice may be 'tomorrow's' champion breeder! If cute chick pics etc. attract folks to the breed I reckon that's a positive. Only my opinion, but I think that the idea of separate threads is a bit elitist. I still reckon that a better idea would be to have a version of the thread with the 'trivia' edited out at regular intervals. This would save newcomers having to wade through hundreds of posts of only short-term interest to get to the 'useful' stuff. Please stick with it, Dan. I'm sure I'm not the only one who admires your passion for the breed and enjoys hearing about your BA journey. We've all been p'd off with stuff that's been posted at times. If only the rest of us could maintain Ron-like composure, there'd be less 'issues'!
Happy hatching Geoff

Back
Top Bottom