Australorps breed Thread

Our Australorps breed:

My web site:

http://perutnina.blogspot.com/
smilies-3435.png

The the BYC Australorp Page!

They look very nice!

I checked out the website. you have a lot of pretty poultry too.

G'day Kurt,
you could be right that it's a young bird and the face color does change as they grow. One of the more obvious differences between our Utility and Exhibition strains is face color. Our Utilities tend to have mulberry/plum colored faces. In poorer examples, the face is often shrunken, wrinkled and hairy. Ron's bird seems to be full faced, round headed and without wrinkles or hairs. I was just struck by how dark her face seems in the pic. My birds start off very pale in the face and gradually get redder.
Cheers Geoff

I've currently got two welsummers and am considering adding Australorps and/or Easter eggers. What is the general temperament of this breed? I've heard they fair well in texas. Are they decent layers?

I've currently got two welsummers and am considering adding Australorps and/or Easter eggers. What is the general temperament of this breed? I've heard they fair well in texas. Are they decent layers?
They do well in the heat. They are calm and curious but are not too pet like.

I like them a bunch. EEs are nice too and both are good in the heat.

They have great temperaments and I known as great layers. My girls give me a large egg each every day.

Also, I live in Florida and they haven't had any issue with the heat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom