Australorps breed Thread

They look like Austra-Whites to me.

I couldn't remember what exactly the lady said they were. I thought she said it was a sex link. Maybe your right. If so, can they be sexed by the black dot on head? I was reading on another thread about them.
Ill have to see if I can get back in touch of the lady that sold em to us :)
Thanks Hellbender. I wasn't sure when folks asked if i was telling them correctly.

My Australorp cockerel at six weeks old. I only have him 2 more weeks until I give him up. So if anybody out there t
hinks this is somehow a pullet please let me know because I am not 100% convinced do to the strangeness of his comb, it's not completely a straight comb it somehow mixed.

I couldn't remember what exactly the lady said they were. I thought she said it was a sex link. Maybe your right. If so, can they be sexed by the black dot on head? I was reading on another thread about them.
Ill have to see if I can get back in touch of the lady that sold em to us :)
Thanks Hellbender. I wasn't sure when folks asked if i was telling them correctly.

No...if they ARE Austra-whites, they can have the black spots anywhere on their bodies. They are an extremely good layer too, usually better than the straight Australorp, due to being a hybrid with White Leghorn and their eggs are generally of great size and shape, and are colored white or more likely off-white. Could be an excellent cross back into Australorp if you are after production and not planning to show your birds but only interested in healthy strong production birds.

seolari,
That is still definitely a cockerel at six weeks with that comb and wattles. You are right that is a strange comb, do you know the parentage of that bird? Either the bird is mixed or it is a malformed comb, either way I would not breed the bird.
Kurt

seolari,
That is still definitely a cockerel at six weeks with that comb and wattles. You are right that is a strange comb, do you know the parentage of that bird? Either the bird is mixed or it is a malformed comb, either way I would not breed the bird.
Kurt
that's what I suspect it Kurt but I just wanted to confirm it one last time to push me over to acceptance because I promised them to someone but I don't want to give him up since I really wanted an Australorp chicken. You're confirmation just makes it easier. Thank you again for taking the time to answer

Back
Top Bottom