Australorps Breeding for SOP and Exhibition Thread

Pics
RattlesnakeRidgeWV also has nice birds and perhaps he can ship you some hatching eggs since he is closer maybe the postal service will be better also, because it certainly sucks in the southwest area and I cannot take follks money, promise them eggs and have them show up 9 days later and dead germs one and all...............cant do it , wont do it USPS is horrible if your an egg!

RattlesnakeRidgeWV also has nice birds and perhaps he can ship you some hatching eggs since he is closer maybe the postal service will be better also, because it certainly sucks in the southwest area and I cannot take follks money, promise them eggs and have them show up 9 days later and dead germs one and all...............cant do it , wont do it USPS is horrible if your an egg!
Packing makes a huge difference.

We need to research and learn new ways of doing things.

It is sad though that we have to use special packing techniques to ship hatching eggs.

@huppfarm

If eggs were shipped like this:

http://agricommunity.com/packing-eggs-to-ship/

I have a wager for you. If I shipped you a box with the packing materials and you packed like the quoted site and shipped them to me I bet I could get a good hatch from them.

Last edited:
I will say this only once because there is no point in kicking a dead horse.................I don't care how well eggs are packed, if they are shipped and sit in a holding station for 5 days and then shipped again taking another 4 day to the final destination, the germ has died, as it must maintain a temp of lower than 60 degrees to keep it from developing. When shipping express or priority the mail is supposed to be at the destination within 4 days and that is the max time for the egg to stay dormant , 5 days you are really pushing it. This happened twice!

I shipped eggs to Aveca, when she got the box it was nearly destroyed and left in the **** snow.

I shipped V2 twice and he paid for express shipping at $50 with a 2-3 money back guarantee and the eggs showed up 5 days. He got his money back but the eggs were toast.

This is complete ********!

So Ron.
I am sick and tired of wasting my time and having unhappy customers due to the ASSES that handle and ship my eggs that I very carefully breed for and handle with the up most care.

I stressed every time my eggs went out, hoping the eggs arrived on time and undamaged because I care that much!

My name is on those eggs and reputation on the line.

I will NEVER ship my hatching eggs, chicks or mature birds anywhere for anybody for any price!

This is the last discussion I will ever make on this subject.

I will say this only once because there is no point in kicking a dead horse.................I don't care how well eggs are packed, if they are shipped and sit in a holding station for 5 days and then shipped again taking another 4 day to the final destination, the germ has died, as it must maintain a temp of lower than 60 degrees to keep it from developing. When shipping express or priority the mail is supposed to be at the destination within 4 days and that is the max time for the egg to stay dormant , 5 days you are really pushing it. This happened twice!

I shipped eggs to Aveca, when she got the box it was nearly destroyed and left in the **** snow.

I shipped V2 twice and he paid for express shipping at $50 with a 2-3 money back guarantee and the eggs showed up 5 days. He got his money back but the eggs were toast.

This is complete ********!

So Ron.
I am sick and tired of wasting my time and having unhappy customers due to the ASSES that handle and ship my eggs that I very carefully breed for and handle with the up most care.

I stressed every time my eggs went out, hoping the eggs arrived on time and undamaged because I care that much!

My name is on those eggs and reputation on the line.

I will NEVER ship my hatching eggs, chicks or mature birds anywhere for anybody for any price!

This is the last discussion I will ever make on this subject.

I understand.

I do hear by declare that I was a happy customer of yours. They hatched just fine and are very pretty.

Hopefully my post about packing will help others with shipping eggs.

I agree, it doesn't matter how they're packed. I ship mine double bubble wrapped, with ice packs if necessary and double boxed. Sometimes eggs are still broken, almost all have detached air cells and I suspect they've been x-rayed. Thankfully, they've all gotten to their destinations in 2-3 days, but still they've been poor hatches if any hatch at all. I haven't given up yet, but it is certainly frustrating. I'm still in the testing phase so I've actually been shipping eggs to friends and I cover all of the costs. It's been an expensive learning experience.

I am so glad I found this thread. My 3 boys are going to start a poultry project for 4H. We have to cull most of our BAs and while I've been reading the SOP, I still am not sure which ones to cull at 6 weeks! I know it's not enough growth time to really get a good idea of what type of bird we've got but we are going to do our best. Perhaps I need to take photos and post them so you all can help!

10 out of 14 pullets need to go! Only the 4 best will stay.

Back
Top Bottom