Australorps Breeding for SOP and Exhibition Thread

Pics
Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement Ron. I'm not ruling out anything concerning showing, and I have a young son who has expressed an interest in 4H. It's just not where I am right now~ perhaps the future, but not right now. I'm trying to keep my options open and don't want to lose out on stock because of unrealistic expectations but I won't misrepresent by intentions to get it. I'll continue to search but will be adjusting my approach.

M

Thank you Matt1616 for your last comment!

Back to the regular station. Even though blues are not SOP yet I have found that when I breed my blues to black I am getting darker blues than when I was breeding my splash to a black to make blues. Lacing has also improved. JMO I know some may disagree however that is what I have found with my project blues.
On another note, in my 5th year of breeding these BA's I have found that broodiness has increased which has perplexed me and really does not turn me on. I prefer knowing who bred who and what hen laid what egg if you know what I mean. I watched a broody steal eggs from another hen and then sit on them like these are all mine!!! Enough babbling.
Kurt

Thank you Matt1616 for your last comment!

Back to the regular station. Even though blues are not SOP yet I have found that when I breed my blues to black I am getting darker blues than when I was breeding my splash to a black to make blues. Lacing has also improved. JMO I know some may disagree however that is what I have found with my project blues.
On another note, in my 5th year of breeding these BA's I have found that broodiness has increased which has perplexed me and really does not turn me on. I prefer knowing who bred who and what hen laid what egg if you know what I mean. I watched a broody steal eggs from another hen and then sit on them like these are all mine!!! Enough babbling.
Kurt

Great to hear that breeding black to blue is improving the colour and lacing on your blues. This is how I always breed my Blue Australorps.

Does anyone here ship Australorp chicks or eggs into Turkey? I had someone contact me about hatching eggs, but I'm not setup to ship internationally. Plus, I don't think the eggs would be viable by the time they got there.

Does anyone here ship Australorp chicks or eggs into Turkey? I had someone contact me about hatching eggs, but I'm not setup to ship internationally. Plus, I don't think the eggs would be viable by the time they got there.
I hatched eggs that came from Spain.

This is what I hatched:

Pita Pinta and EO Marraduna Basque

Also, The person was not named Abraham was he? That was a scammer.

No, his name is Samet. He actually gave me his address, phone number and email address.

Good! The scammer sent a counterfeit Cashiers check for more than the cost and wanted change back. He PMd a bunch of us last week.

Back
Top Bottom