Australorps Breeding for SOP and Exhibition Thread

Pics
Greetings ! I just picked up 28 Black Aussies from a farm in Pochohontas County Wv . Hoping to learn as much as I can here from you all . I've seen some amazing birds here so , I will sit back and learn all I can . Eventually I would like to get to a spot where I can actually help the breed . Thanks again !

Greetings ! I just picked up 28 Black Aussies from a farm in Pochohontas County Wv . Hoping to learn as much as I can here from you all . I've seen some amazing birds here so , I will sit back and learn all I can . Eventually I would like to get to a spot where I can actually help the breed . Thanks again !

Interesting......any pics?
pop.gif

It is great to have you here!

Please post pictures as they get older too.

Slim,
Good looking bunch of chicks there. Who's line are they from and what breed are the white chicks with yellow legs in among BA's?
Kurt

The lady said she has been breeding them about 10 years. She said she started with a flock of peeps she acquired from somewhere around Harrisonburg Va, and the old timer she got them from had them going for quite a few years.
The white ones are a BA x A sex link. She threw them in free of charge for buying the 28 . I plan on eating those . :D
There were 4 of them . Two have identical black spots on their heads . Two don't.
I will say that her BA's that were fully grown were stunning birds.
My chicks are very skittish .
Thanks for asking and I look forward to learning from you all.
Great looking Rooster on your lap!

Slim,
Good looking bunch of chicks there. Who's line are they from and what breed are the white chicks with yellow legs in among BA's?
Kurt
It is great to have you here!

Please post pictures as they get older too.

Thank You, this is very exciting !
Hoping that in a few years I can have a process going that will turn out some awesome birds :)

Slim,
You can keep the pics coming, but I would bring them to the Australorp Breed thread instead. I think if you look in some of my profile pics you will see that I took pics every week or so showing the development of the BA chicks. They are cute now, but will be in the ugly duckling phase in 3 or 4 weeks. Enjoy the little buggers!
Kurt

Thank You, this is very exciting !
Hoping that in a few years I can have a process going that will turn out some awesome birds
smile.png
Great!

Slim,
You can keep the pics coming, but I would bring them to the Australorp Breed thread instead. I think if you look in some of my profile pics you will see that I took pics every week or so showing the development of the BA chicks. They are cute now, but will be in the ugly duckling phase in 3 or 4 weeks. Enjoy the little buggers!
Kurt
Post the pictures in both threads.

Back
Top Bottom