Australorps Breeding for SOP and Exhibition Thread

Pics
Joel,
I am assuming that from the PI means that you are still there? Everybody in the US started with utility australorps in the early 1900's. That is when we got the birds from Australia. Their birds look quite different from ours because they kept the show quality stock. So try working with whatever you can get your hands on.
Kurt

This is Lilly back when she was 5 months old. She's a year now, I don't have any recent pics and I'm out of day light. Oh well! How close to the SOP is she? I'll post something more recent soon but I'd love to have some insight about if I'd be able to show her.

This is Lilly back when she was 5 months old. She's a year now, I don't have any recent pics and I'm out of day light. Oh well! How close to the SOP is she? I'll post something more recent soon but I'd love to have some insight about if I'd be able to show her.
It is hard to tell from the pictures.

Get a copy of the APA's Standard of Perfection(You can find old copies online--The standard has not changed) and compare.

You should show her though. It cannot hurt and you can get some pointers.

Can somebody tell me the cure for this chick?
Does the chick have a wound? If so, keep it clean and spray with vetericyn.

If it is bumble foot, there are new treatment options. Surgery is not recommended any more but a course of antibiotics.

Hey all! New to this thread, but I've got two breeding pens of blues and blacks set up right now. Im working with a few birds we got from Chester Hupp just a few months back, and I've been amazed at their overall quality and temperament. 15 hatched out so far and 40 more in the incubator. I'm sold on these birds!

I'll post pics here of the breeding pens I've got set up. I'm fairly new to working with the breed, so I'd enjoy feedback!

Hey all! New to this thread, but I've got two breeding pens of blues and blacks set up right now. Im working with a few birds we got from Chester Hupp just a few months back, and I've been amazed at their overall quality and temperament. 15 hatched out so far and 40 more in the incubator. I'm sold on these birds!

I'll post pics here of the breeding pens I've got set up. I'm fairly new to working with the breed, so I'd enjoy feedback!
Welcome!

I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures.

This is the best photo they would let me take. Didn't have much time this morning, but this is my rooster in "pen#2". I've got a black rooster with three blue hens.

Pen #1 has a blue rooster with 3 black hens.

The hens seem to be camera shy, but I'll get some glamor shots of them and the other pen later this afternoon.

*Please note that all of these birds are from Hupp farms. I got them from Chester as adults for a solid start in my breeding. Any credit here goes to him, not myself

(Just wanted to reiterate)

This is the best photo they would let me take. Didn't have much time this morning, but this is my rooster in "pen#2". I've got a black rooster with three blue hens.

Pen #1 has a blue rooster with 3 black hens.

The hens seem to be camera shy, but I'll get some glamor shots of them and the other pen later this afternoon.
They look great!

You have a very nice start.

Back
Top Bottom