Australorps Breeding for SOP and Exhibition Thread

Pics
I have some eggs from mine in the incubator right now that are due to hatch on July 17th. I did the first candling on them already and seen the spider veins in some. I had one that had a bloodring in it though, so I tossed that one. I'm using a blue Australorp rooster this time. He is the son of the Splash one in my avatar.
I hope you get a good range of colors!
Do you plan on using a black cock bird in the future to brighten up the blue?

Here is my australorp.
3 Days old
DSC05191.JPG

18 weeks
DSC08718.JPG

Attachments

• DSC05201.JPG
    DSC05201.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 3
I hope you get a good range of colors!
Do you plan on using a black cock bird in the future to brighten up the blue?

Just an update on mine for you. I didn't get a Black rooster, but I did add 2 more Black, and 1 more Blue seven month old girls to my pen with my Blue rooster. I'm waiting until those younger girls eggs get a bit bigger before I hatch theirs out though. I also have some eggs due to hatch out this Sunday.

excellent good to hear that..!!!:woot:highfive:,:thumbsup my big blue girl is doing her thing laying eggs and also molting, she never looks like she is molting, with all those deep gorgeous feathers , so i have some of her eggs under my BA broody so fingers crossed we both get some
101_0403   my  BIG GRAY GIRL 9 20 17.jpg
101_0406 my  BIG GRAY GIRL 9 20 17.jpg
101_0391 my   BIG  GRAY  GIRL.jpg
101_0407  my  BIG GRAY GIRL  9 20 17.jpg
101_0400  BIG GRAY GIRL  9 20 17.jpg
gorgeous babies to make us proud..!!!:wooti :thumbsup:clap:yesss::highfive::wee;):)
101_0407  my  BIG GRAY GIRL  9 20 17.jpg
:ya

Last edited:
my beautiful BA broody Baby Girl, who is sitting on a few eggs from my Blue hupp Aussies Big Gray girl & Blue the roo shown in my last post ,my BA broody has her very own brand new wooden dog house, to hatch her chicks in ,its quite & safe for the first few days for mom & babies with easy access from the hinged roof for feeding & cleaning , i cant wait :fl i moved her into her new home last night and put her in a draft free card board box filled with straw and she really loves it..!!good thing to because last thing i need is an angry broody HA! ;) :p
101_0354 broody dog house 9 20 17.jpg
:D
this one 101_0349  BROODY WITH EGGS IN DOG HOUSE   9 19 17.jpg

excellent good to hear that..!!!:woot:highfive:,:thumbsup my big blue girl is doing her thing laying eggs and also molting, she never looks like she is molting, with all those deep gorgeous feathers , so i have some of her eggs under my BA broody so fingers crossed we both get some View attachment 1141575 View attachment 1141576 View attachment 1141577 View attachment 1141578 View attachment 1141579 gorgeous babies to make us proud..!!!:wooti :thumbsup:clap:yesss::highfive::wee;):)View attachment 1141578 :ya
What a good looking hen! It is nice when they do not lose all of their feathers when they molt.

Best wishes on the Broody hatch too

Back
Top Bottom