Australorps Breeding for SOP and Exhibition Thread

You are right, getaclue! It’s hard. I have been finding plenty of faults when I google especially tails and toplines. The blues are way too light. But I am particular to blacks so would have a separate section for blues. Australia has approved blues for showing.

I was about to mention that only Blacks are APA. But several on here had started with Blues, and were really getting good with their lines, then things happened. I don't think there are many out there, but if you get any from Chet Hupp's line (AZ), they are really some nice looking blues. The ones from Rattlesnake Ridge W. VA., are really good looking too.

I was about to mention that only Blacks are APA. But several on here had started with Blues, and were really getting good with their lines, then things happened. I don't think there are many out there, but if you get any from Chet Hupp's line (AZ), they are really some nice looking blues. The ones from Rattlesnake Ridge W. VA., are really good looking too.

Yes I know only blacks are APA. I have seen plenty of blues online. They need work to get APA approved. The Australian blue Australorps are stunning.

Thanks Ronott. I had hatchery Australorps years ago when I had my first chickens. Thinking about them again! But I have been since spoiled with the SOP birds!
The best ones I have had came from Kurt Chet! They were amazing and large

Last edited:
I believe Chet is not breeding anymore ? And I saw someone has eggs from rattlesnake ridge. But my priority is true blacks even though I would love to work with blues in a SEPARATE group. And use the true blacks to improve the blue pen when needed. I used to have black copper marans for several years and the blacks from the blues never really liked like the true blacks.

Rattlesnake Ridge is where I got my birds. Great birds!

Back
Top Bottom