Autism, Aspergers, PDD/NOS, ADD/ADHD

crazy hen quartet

Songster
11 Years
Dec 20, 2008
Chandler AZ
Hi Everyone!

Let me start by saying this is a looooong post, so really you only need read the first couple of paragraphs if you want. Friend or stranger, please feel free to contact me any time, and please feel free to forward this as far and wide as you'd like.

My husband and I have an 8 year old son who was diagnosed with Autism when he was four years old. Over the last four years, we have spent tireless hours researching possible causes and treatments, talking to parents and doctors, participating in research studies and trying new, progressive and sometimes even controversial treatments. It has been a long, hard road full of exhausting days and frustrating moments, but even more than that many grand moments of inspiration and victory.

Our latest and most incredible news is this:
Last month Ricky was re-evaluated by his psychologist, occupational therapist, speech and language pathologist and others to determine how he is progressing. I was called in to a meeting to discuss the test findings and I was told this: Ricky no longer meets the criteria designated to qualify as Autistic. Let me say that again. Our son is no longer Autistic. I asked if they had ever heard of anyone "losing" an autism diagnosis. They all said no. Never. The Psychologist said she considered it "nothing short of miraculous" and wouldn't believe it if she hadn't seen it for herself. At the end of the meeting I left the room and as I was walking away tears began to stream down my face. This is what we believed in, this is what we worked for, this is what we did. Autism is NOT a lifelong sentence. How could it be so if we reversed it?

Now, these professionals had never heard of someone "recovering" from Autism, but let me tell you - I am hearing it more and more. Our research led us to a fast growing and forward thinking group of parents and doctors who believe that Autism and related disorders like Aspergers, PPD/NOS, ADD/ADHD, speech delay etc are treatable and even reversible. I know of hundreds of families who are using the treatments we used and who are getting their kids back from these horrible afflictions.

Most parents will report that their Autistic children are born healthy and develop normally for the first year or two of life and then something happens.. something that takes their child away. They begin to regress, to slip away. Eye contact stops. Smiles and laughter go away. Language stops developing and often disappears. They aren't interested in other kids, in toys, in social interaction and emotional reciprocity. They become preoccupied with specific things or parts of things, become sensitive to touch, bright light or sounds. They exhibit self stimulatory behavior like hand flapping, spinning and rocking. The list goes on and on.

What happens that causes these kids to slip away? Western medicine will say this is a genetic life-long illness with little hope of improvement. How can that be if Autism has gone from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 150 in just a few short decades? How can that be if our kids were fine for the first year or two of life and then lost them? Why can't we get them back? These were the questions I asked. Rob and I refused to believe that there was little to be done. We knew our son, we knew he was in there and we were determined to get him back. If he was fine, and then suddenly he was not... how do we fix it?

We have come to believe that Autism and related disorders are illnesses of the body that become so bad they affect the mind. Heal the body, heal the mind. The treatments we have done are nothing radical in our opinion, they make sense. We feed him healthy food and use quality vitamins, minerals and other supplements like probiotics and digestive enzymes. We use B-12, cod liver oil, glutathione (a naturally occuring anti-oxidant made by the liver) and most importanty in our case, treatments for out of control viral infections and chelation therapy to remove toxic levels of heavy metals. Our son was tested by doctors and found to have toxic levels of lead, mercury and aluminum in his body. Why? He wasn't exposed to any more than any other kid his age, but we found his body is unable to remove these metals on it's own. Look on the internet for the symptoms of heavy metal poisoning and they are nearly identical Autism. With each round of chelation we did we saw huge leaps in his social interaction, eye contact and social language. His fine motor skills improved and he started to write and draw. His recovery happened so fast and the reason became obvious to us.

I know this is getting long so I will stop here. There are so very many things I could share and so many stories to tell, but this is an email and not a novel. The point is this:

Autism is preventable, treatable and reversible. We did it. Many other parents have too. It isn't always as simple as removing heavy metals or changing diet as each child is different, but sometimes the simplest seeming littlest things can make such a huge difference. I am more than happy to share our story with anyone anytime! Please feel free to forward this to anyone you know and I will gladly talk to anyone - friend, family or complete stranger - about what we have done. Parents need to know there is so much that can be done, and they can do most of it themselves. There is a huge network of parents worldwide that are out there doing these things and supporting one another. There is hope.

with much love
Lisa Mize
Ricky's mom
[email protected]

Resources:
www.generationrescue.org
www.autism.com
www.safeminds.org

Before treatment

20002_before1.jpg

20002_before.jpg

after treatment

20002_ricky1.jpg

20002_ricky.jpg

Hi,

I had to answer this and say a huge congratulations to you.

Really I have second hand knowledge of working with autistic and aspergers children, and like you I feel the cause is treatable if the parents are engaged as you are.

I am taking a copy of your post to my sister who has an adult son with Asperger's Syndrome and a neighbour with a child with severe autism.

I am so proud to have read your post really.

Take full credit, you and your husband are amazing.

Really you have made my day today.

Bless you all.

Jena. x

congrats....

I had the same sort of results a few years ago with my oldest son who was diagnosed with adhd..

he has never been on meds and within 2 years he lost the lable placed on him by the schools and the doctors...but my success came at a price...i almost lost all 3 of my children because the school called cps and claimed i was denying my child access to the medical treatment and medication he needed..in short i was able to win my case but that added to my stress..my son is now in grade 11 and has a average od 80-90% with no meds ever..

I think I have heard Jenny McCarthy talk about this and her son. Jim Carey and her work together with her son and I think he also no longer is diagnosed with Autism. This is truly a miracle that loving parents have discovered. All the best to you and your family. Congratulations and give that precious little man a hug from me.

I asked if they had ever heard of anyone "losing" an autism diagnosis. They all said no. Never.

I happens. Even my low-functioning autistic son makes progress all the time (he is 19 now)

Here is a theory on autism I find the most logical. It would point to the cod liver oil as a possible source of your son's turn around....

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/health/autism/

Quote:
I happens. Even my low-functioning autistic son makes progress all the time (he is 19 now)

Here is a theory on autism I find the most logical. It would point to the cod liver oil as a possible source of your son's turn around....

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/health/autism/

Thank you so much for that link!

My dh and I have discussed Autism many times.Although our own daughter does not have Autism or ADHD etc. I cared for a girl that had ASD and her parents took her out of EI and her OT and ST. Their reasoning ? We are going to have another child and maybe that one will be normal" I kid you not. The mom actually said that to me.
Mom and dad were not the "go outside" types. Except on rare occasions then they would bring the child to me with severe sun burn
roll.png
And No. CPS refused to get involved. After all. Kid was being fed and clothed. Since I was a child care provider I felt the need to do as much research on how to help the girl and any other children I might have in my care.

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful posts. It feels so amazing to finally be in this place, now I feel like it is my job to pay it forward.

Wifezilla.. Vitamin D is big for a lot of people, I know lots of parents use it. We recently added it in after I found the same link you posted. We are definitely a D deficient society!! It's shocking, really, and all because of the big "C" scare.

In my years I have talked to so many other parents and the biggest thing that struck me is this: Different things work for different parents, each kid is different. If I have learned one thing it is that. Something that works for one family may not have the same affect for another, so the key is to research and keep trying things. One thing at a time, and watch carefully, that way you know what works and what doesn't. But without a doubt, I rarely run across a family where biomed has no positive effect at all.

Our biggest "wow" without a doubt was Chelation therapy. We have documented lab tests that show our son had toxic levels of lead, mercury and aluminum and when we removed them his progress was nothing short of unbelievable. Even his teachers, with decades of teaching experience, said they were completely stunned.

If I had to recommend a piece of information for parents to start with, it would be this. Scroll down to "Summary of Biomedical Treatments for Autism", it is free to download:

http://www.eas.asu.edu/~autism/

Here is a link to more helpful literature. If you scroll half way down the page and look at the items headed "Great Reading Materials" there is a bunch of free download able stuff.

http://www.generationrescue.org/reading.html

texaschickmomma, yup, Jenny and Jim are on the biomed bandwagon. Her son also lost his diagnosis. I had the pleasure of meeting her at a conference last June where we were both guest speakers.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom