Avian Flu.

If By "just happened" You mean a recent NEW event, I concur. And like I stated earlier, there are NEW strains emerging in Asia.The article said as much. Once they confirm a case,it's already to late to stop. I'd love to hear what an epidemoionologis had to say about how fast the stuff can spread and how far it's already PROBABLY spread when they first discover it

I don't understand what you mean. They have no idea how this flock contracted AI or they did not say in the article. An infected wild bird had to fly inside the building or some person had to walk it in on their shoes/clothing since those birds never touch ground outside. In any case, you notice that it's mostly the commercial flocks getting it. And can you guess why that is?

Speckledhen, Winston Churchill said,"Even paranoids have enemies." And I agree with every word!!
Yup, me, too!

Last edited:
Ok maybe I wasn't clear in my post.

What I meant to say is that there is a lot of buzz about this "new outbreak" like it just happened yesterday.
I have fellow 'chicken people" from here, this website, that are "freaking out" like it is going to be the end of the world for their chickens.....

I suck at trying to explain myself...sorry.

Im just saying this didn't just happen yesterday so I do not think it is time to panic...is all, and Im not saying that you all are....

Ok here is my question. I ordered 27 day old chicks from cackle hatchery. They r About 350 miles from Christian county ky. where there has been a confirmed case of a/i. Should I be worried. I don't want to infect my flock. I am in New Hampshire

In my opinion Tinakevin,No you should not worry about your birds from cackle.
AI coverage is about like CNN and Trump.
The news companies fear monger and sensationalize the news. Its how they maintain their ratings. Instead of reporting the news they let their personal views and opinions get involved. How many reporters do you think have a back yard flock?

Here in Ireland we have had bird flu,
Since early January.
8 cases have been found in wild birds,
And one was found only 40 minutes from me.
The housing ban in Ireland was extended until 30th of April,
Not all of my birds are housed completely indoors because they have small,
Runs attached to thrust coops with wire too small for any bird to gut through.
Thankfully there has been no cases found in about 3 weeks.
All free range commercial flocks also have to be housed indoors,
But now because they have been housed inside for more than 12 weeks their eggs,
Can't be sold as free range.
Anyway I hope everyone's birds stay safe and away from bird flu!

Goodluck,
Fionn.

Ok maybe I wasn't clear in my post.

What I meant to say is that there is a lot of buzz about this "new outbreak" like it just happened yesterday.
I have fellow 'chicken people" from here, this website, that are "freaking out" like it is going to be the end of the world for their chickens.....

I suck at trying to explain myself...sorry.

Im just saying this didn't just happen yesterday so I do not think it is time to panic...is all, and Im not saying that you all are....

Oh, sorry, I didn't understand what you meant. I agree, it's not breaking news or anything. Folks do tend to panic, don't they? The media is mostly to blame for that, with their sensational headlines, IMO. They can't just state facts, they have to make it seem like the end of the world.

Oh, sorry, I didn't understand what you meant. I agree, it's not breaking news or anything. Folks do tend to panic, don't they? The media is mostly to blame for that, with their sensational headlines, IMO. They can't just state facts, they have to make it seem like the end of the world.

I agree.
Most people believe EVERYTHING they see on their local news....I think most of it is a matter of opinion.
Same for the internet....
Well I read it on such and such site so it must be "real"
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom