Awesome little peep

jami63

In the Brooder
Oct 7, 2016
Peep been sitting on eggs for 24 days and today I saw her fly from the coop and drop and egg outside the coop.She had it in her beak.I went to the egg and it was rotten.I looked in the nest box and she had a baby .These birds are so awesome

Peep been sitting on eggs for 24 days and today I saw her fly from the coop and drop and egg outside the coop.She had it in her beak.I went to the egg and it was rotten.I looked in the nest box and she had a baby .These birds are so awesome

What kind of eggs is she sitting on---Chicken eggs?? If so were all the eggs set by you under her at the same time/day/minute or did you allow her to "collect" her own eggs?

She had help of the rest of the flock laying eggs,I took the chick from her and her mate.I wanted her to stay on the nest.I was 4 days at the hospital from surgery and when I got home she and others started the clutch.I heard guineas are bad parents.I believe that all are guinea eggs maybe a couple of hens,but about 21 in all.

Last edited:
She had help of the rest of the flock laying eggs,I took the chick from her and her mate.I wanted her to stay on the nest.I was 4 days at the hospital from surgery and when I got home she and others started the clutch.I heard guineas are bad parents.I believe that all are guinea eggs maybe a couple of hens,but about 21 in all.

I am not familiar with a guinea being called a "peep" so I was not with you on the first post. Good Luck

Sorry Peep is her name because that is the only noise she makes and was small for her size.Sorry for the confusion.

Well we have had 5 keets and I placed them under a light in the barn because there are more eggs in the nest still.

Back
Top Bottom