Awkwardly lying on one side

Erinjmiller

Hatching
Apr 19, 2020
Hi y'all! I have four 6-week old ISA browns, all of whom were raised together since day 1. One of them that we call Chippy has always been a bit smaller than the others. While her sisters are all proportionate in size, she seems skinnier but taller than the others. I have noticed that the tips of her wings curve toward each other and overlap on her back a bit unnaturally, while the others' wing tips are tucked near their tail feathers. She also has a tendency to spread the wing out and then let it droop. Chippy has started to randomly lie down and lean over to one side. It just looks unnatural and awkward. But then she will suddenly hop back up and dart around in a fast run. I can't figure it out, but my gut tells me something is neurologically wrong with her. I took a photo of the awkward side lying position (on the far left of the photo) . Any ideas? Is she just an anomaly or is there something else at play?

Attachments

• 20200514_163023.jpg
    20200514_163023.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 11
Some of my 2 week old chicks do the same thing, it looks like they are trying to get comfy! Haha! I thinks it normal, but I'm to new to all this. My chicks will fix themselves soon after and seem just fine.

Hi y'all! I have four 6-week old ISA browns, all of whom were raised together since day 1. One of them that we call Chippy has always been a bit smaller than the others. While her sisters are all proportionate in size, she seems skinnier but taller than the others. I have noticed that the tips of her wings curve toward each other and overlap on her back a bit unnaturally, while the others' wing tips are tucked near their tail feathers. She also has a tendency to spread the wing out and then let it droop. Chippy has started to randomly lie down and lean over to one side. It just looks unnatural and awkward. But then she will suddenly hop back up and dart around in a fast run. I can't figure it out, but my gut tells me something is neurologically wrong with her. I took a photo of the awkward side lying position (on the far left of the photo) . Any ideas? Is she just an anomaly or is there something else at play?

Back
Top Bottom