Babies only developing on one side of the egg

Tj11

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 6, 2012
I bought a dozen ancona eggs which I received through the post. I've just candled them on day 8 and they are all fertile but are only developed on one side. 7 eggs are in a brinsea mini advance incubator which is turning the eggs automatically and has always worked brilliantly and the other 4 eggs are out under a broody hen. Has anyone had this happen before and if so are the eggs likely to hatch or not? I have had posted eggs before but haven't had this happen. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your reply. I'm just so confused all of the eggs are completely developing on one side so when u look at the eggs candled side on one half of the egg is completely empty and the other side is developing. It can't be a turning issue though because my bator and hen can't be making the exact same mistake at the same time.

Ok great thanks. I've been looking forward to getting these chicks for so long I'm so scared something will go wrong with them. Fingers crossed

They turned out fantastic all hatched with no problems. The air sack was still a really strange shape right up until hatching but the chicks are all healthy. I'm still not sure what caused it but alls well that ends well. Good luck with yours.

Thank you , that is great! It gives me some hope. I need my lopsided egg to hatch, because there is only one other, out of 10, that is developing, and I don't want to only have one alone.

Back
Top Bottom