Baby Behaviors,, too funny! Updated photos of them too!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I'm sitting here watching my 8 little babies playing. One grabs a little piece of straw and runs like crazy and the other chase it and try and take the straw. When another gets it they take off again and play chase. This is the first time I've seen them doing this and it's just too cute!
Kate
Here are some updated photos of my adoptees:
Youtalkingtome.jpg

TwoTurks.jpg

snuggles.jpg

Sleepingonfeeder.jpg

sideviewblack.jpg

Prettybrownface.jpg

nekkidneck.jpg

Largersideviewgoodlegs.jpg

Goldiestretchedout.jpg

Darkgoodview.jpg

Last edited:
Mine did that too. It's like they're practicing for when they grow up because they do that with bugs when they're older. Lil cuties!

Just wait........... when they're older - give em some spaghetti - thats the funniest thing I've ever seen, a chicken running around "squawking" with spaghetti flappin and hanging out both sides... its just too funny for words...

Gosh I wish there was a YOUTUBE thing with that on it!

They just get funnier and funnier as they get older - and it NEVER gets boring!

OOOH ! I LOVE you little turkens ! I have 2 myself ! Kinda looks like the black one might be a roo ..? I love to feed my chickens worms in the spring/summer . They do the same thing . I'ts so funny to watch the little banties ducking and diving with the worm hanging out of their mouth !
love.gif

Thanks all,, they are so much fun. I'm hoping the little black Turken is a roo,, it's an awful lot bigger than Goldie. Does the fluffy stuff on the top of their head turn into feathers or stay soft like that? I'm still trying to figure out what the others are but they don't match any pictures in the McMurray catalog I have. The first one with the little red head looking at the camera is the clown of the bunch. It starts the chase game.
K

Last edited:
They turn into feathers , but not big ones . At least that's the way my turkens are . Mine are also quite content to sit on EVERYONE'S eggs , no matter how big or small (they're banties) .
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom