Baby chick pecked by broody hen URGENT!

Thank you for everything in the last few days❤️ I think there’s one more egg in the incubator that should hatch. This is the last time I’m letting a mom sit on a clutch of eggs… staggered hatches are not for me 😓
Having support during sad times is important. It’s easy to get attached, when we’re doing so much to help a chick survive. You were great with your efforts. Please let us know about the next one to hatch. Happier times ahead. 😊

Having support during sad times is important. It’s easy to get attached, when we’re doing so much to help a chick survive. You were great with your efforts. Please let us know about the next one to hatch. Happier times ahead. 😊
So far no other chicks hatched from the incubator, I broke two eggs that were in the incubator with dead chicks inside. I still have one egg in the incubator that still has veins but hasn’t hatched… the one chick that mama hatched is doing so well! I think it might be pullet☺️ I’ll try again soon for a spring hatch! This time it will be a planned hatch lollll

So far no other chicks hatched from the incubator, I broke two eggs that were in the incubator with dead chicks inside. I still have one egg in the incubator that still has veins but hasn’t hatched… the one chick that mama hatched is doing so well! I think it might be pullet☺️ I’ll try again soon for a spring hatch! This time it will be a planned hatch lollll
How late is the last egg? I’d love to see photos of mama and chick! ❤️ I’m sure you’re going to have a great hatch next time. I’ll be happy to see the chicks!

How late is the last egg? I’d love to see photos of mama and chick! ❤️ I’m sure you’re going to have a great hatch next time. I’ll be happy to see the chicks!
At least a week late I think.. this Sunday if there’s nothing I’m going to unplug the incubator :( definitely learnt a lot during this scatter hatch lol 😆 here’s some pics of mama and baby ☺️. Baby was playing piggy back! I will be so happy if this chick turns out to be a pullet❤️

Attachments

• 17565043-AD99-4A90-8CB0-ED832340F558.jpeg
    17565043-AD99-4A90-8CB0-ED832340F558.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 10
  • CE3ADA7B-086C-4CF7-AEA4-87315EEF75EB.jpeg
    CE3ADA7B-086C-4CF7-AEA4-87315EEF75EB.jpeg
    781.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 50600067-CF06-4DEA-A09E-14D182F7DA5D.jpeg
    50600067-CF06-4DEA-A09E-14D182F7DA5D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20B87CA3-1B37-4138-9606-68FCA3A78DC7.jpeg
    20B87CA3-1B37-4138-9606-68FCA3A78DC7.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 9
At least a week late I think.. this Sunday if there’s nothing I’m going to unplug the incubator :( definitely learnt a lot during this scatter hatch lol 😆 here’s some pics of mama and baby ☺️. Baby was playing piggy back! I will be so happy if this chick turns out to be a pullet❤️
How old is your baby? My one pullet hatched one baby and they look around the same age!
71630F29-DDF0-4539-A3D9-E61BF695EEE4.jpeg
816F3E8D-4A3B-4E5F-B3C7-6F31DEFC8276.jpeg
F7DE72A1-742A-460A-A5BD-DA4F11C2D469.jpeg
The chicks name is Enola and she also loves to sit on her moms back!

That’s a very proud mama! Gorgeous chick. ❤️ Thank you for posting the photos. If you’re sure it’s been a week, then it’s not going to hatch. 😞 I’m sorry. Keep me updated with everything, and congratulations for your sweet chick! ❤️

That’s a very proud mama! Gorgeous chick. ❤️ Thank you for posting the photos. If you’re sure it’s been a week, then it’s not going to hatch. 😞 I’m sorry. Keep me updated with everything, and congratulations for your sweet chick! ❤️
Yea I unplugged the incubator and broke open the egg today 😔 looking forward to a spring hatch! Also looking to add some copper marans chicks and show quality silkies chicks to my flock in the spring. Happier times ahead ☺️❤️

Back
Top Bottom