baby chick pics and or stories

Here's my MilleFleur D'Uccle Chick

I've got a chick that looks like those from Tractor Supply. In fact, it's a rescue and they gave it to me for free. Does anyone have any idea what type of chick it might be? I don't think it's an Orphington because I've raised those - maybe a gold sex link? Any other ideas?

Hi, I'm brand new to raising chickens and I have to say I love it! I just got a straight run of 4 Easter Egger chicks from a local farmer 5 days ago and I'm really crossing my fingers that there are some hens in there!! So far the 2 brown ones are very sweet and love to be held so I'm hoping they're going to be my sweet hens. The yellow babies are a little bigger and 1 is very brave and feisty. I'm wondering if he's my roo. I'm getting 2 more from a local nursery this week. They should be sexed. 1 buff Orpington and 1 barred rock. I CAN'T WAIT!!
2764.png
1f414.png

Sweet EE baby

This EE likes to stretch her legs. So cute.

My 4 new EEs loving the wood ash to scratch in.

One looks like a chipmunk!!

Brooder

Hi, I'm brand new to raising chickens and I have to say I love it! I just got a straight run of 4 Easter Egger chicks from a local farmer 5 days ago and I'm really crossing my fingers that there are some hens in there!! So far the 2 brown ones are very sweet and love to be held so I'm hoping they're going to be my sweet hens. The yellow babies are a little bigger and 1 is very brave and feisty. I'm wondering if he's my roo. I'm getting 2 more from a local nursery this week. They should be sexed. 1 buff Orpington and 1 barred rock. I CAN'T WAIT!!
2764.png
1f414.png

Sweet EE baby

This EE likes to stretch her legs. So cute.
My 4 new EEs loving the wood ash to scratch in.
One looks like a chipmunk!!
Brooder
They are all so cute, hoping all or at least all will be girls.

And
welcome-byc.gif
so glad you joined us.

It's the same as those posted by the previous person who got their chicks from Tractor Supply. No difference. They even told them the same thing they told me - no idea what kind of chick it is.

I don't care as long as it's happy and lays eggs (eventually).

Back
Top Bottom