Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

I have about 5 that look like you stripe-y chick. is it speckled sussex?

gimmie birdies

If you're asking about this one

LL

It's a barnyard mix, three generations removed, with a little crossXcross thrown in just to mix it up a bit more... Can't wait to see what "it" will look like...

I hadn't realized the Silkies had been sitting on the eggs so long already, so I was surprised to find a baby last night. The other egg hatched this morning.

The only pullet laying on the ground is the Brown Leghorn, the eggs were white, and the babies have the typical chipmunk Brown Leghorn pattern, though it is faint. So assuming Danny is the mother, that would make Fitz the father. He's a Cochin x d'Uccle cross, and the babies have feathered feet and muffs. The other 3 cockerels have clean legs (Buttercup, Thai/Sumatra, and Polish) and no muffs.

I hadn't realized the Silkies had been sitting on the eggs so long already, so I was surprised to find a baby last night. The other egg hatched this morning.

The only pullet laying on the ground is the Brown Leghorn, the eggs were white, and the babies have the typical chipmunk Brown Leghorn pattern, though it is faint. So assuming Danny is the mother, that would make Fitz the father. He's a Cochin x d'Uccle cross, and the babies have feathered feet and muffs. The other 3 cockerels have clean legs (Buttercup, Thai/Sumatra, and Polish) and no muffs.
ta–dah!

so sorry about you silkie. Cute little one's. Wish you the best with the new one's

I thought hatcheries only sent out white silkies ? Its that way here, only seen brownish silkies that should be white.... they should add black and blue silkies !

My two black Silkies are from a hatchery. They have many different colors of Silkies from that hatchey alone.

Back
Top Bottom