Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Just got my first chicks, LB, SS, and SLW. They came from cackle hatchery, all healthy.

ackle hatchery all healthy and one extra.

I haven't really had them out yet for a good picture. They are 3 days old.

11 eggs looking good in the 'bator, due to hatch in about a week. I put in 15, but 3 were infertile and one quit around 5-7 days (based on embryo development; just removed it today).

I am VERY interested to see what I get. All are mixes, but they're from new cockerels (got rid of head rooster) plus several pullets that recently started laying. I just love the mystery (which is why I can't resist the assorted bantam bin at the feed store).

Cockerels are bantam Cochin/d'Uccle mix (who will be rehomed soon), Sicilian Buttercup, SL Polish, and a Thai/Sumatra cross of some sort. Hens and pullets are Delaware, Cochin/Silkies mixes, GSL (Cochin/Delaware mix), Cochin/d'Uccle mix, Sumatra, Brown Leghorn, Golden Sebright, SLW, splash BLRW, SL Polish, hatchery "Saipan" gamefowl, Thai/Sumatra cross of sorts. The Silkies and d'Uccle hens are broody, so no eggs from them.

I'm thinking with such variety, it should be relatively easy to determine who the parents are. Other than the Cochin/Silkie mixes, since there are 10 of them.

11 eggs looking good in the 'bator, due to hatch in about a week. I put in 15, but 3 were infertile and one quit around 5-7 days (based on embryo development; just removed it today).

I am VERY interested to see what I get. All are mixes, but they're from new cockerels (got rid of head rooster) plus several pullets that recently started laying. I just love the mystery (which is why I can't resist the assorted bantam bin at the feed store).

Cockerels are bantam Cochin/d'Uccle mix (who will be rehomed soon), Sicilian Buttercup, SL Polish, and a Thai/Sumatra cross of some sort. Hens and pullets are Delaware, Cochin/Silkies mixes, GSL (Cochin/Delaware mix), Cochin/d'Uccle mix, Sumatra, Brown Leghorn, Golden Sebright, SLW, splash BLRW, SL Polish, hatchery "Saipan" gamefowl, Thai/Sumatra cross of sorts. The Silkies and d'Uccle hens are broody, so no eggs from them.

I'm thinking with such variety, it should be relatively easy to determine who the parents are. Other than the Cochin/Silkie mixes, since there are 10 of them.
Nice cant wait to see love Bantam breeds.. good luck and keep us posted..

Back
Top Bottom