Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Meet PJ and DJ.

Incubator knowledgeable people....I have a question. We have one more egg that may hatch tomorrow. However, tomorrow is our last day of school until Tuesday and my eggs are in a friend's incubator in her classroom. If the egg begins to hatch but doesn't get all of the way out before we leave, is there a way to transport it home? I have an incubator here that is set up and ready for a batch that I plan to put in on Friday so I have a place to put it, I just don't know if it would survive the trip home. Thoughts, suggestions?

Incubator knowledgeable people....I have a question. We have one more egg that may hatch tomorrow. However, tomorrow is our last day of school until Tuesday and my eggs are in a friend's incubator in her classroom. If the egg begins to hatch but doesn't get all of the way out before we leave, is there a way to transport it home? I have an incubator here that is set up and ready for a batch that I plan to put in on Friday so I have a place to put it, I just don't know if it would survive the trip home. Thoughts, suggestions?

I would worry that it would get shrink wrapped. I have not incubated but I do know that you are not supposed to open the bator during hatching. Lockdown is just that a lock down.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

Thinking someone on here may be more able to help.

And i know that lockdown is supposed to be just that but in the instance of possibly being alone in a bator for 4 days or finding a way to get it home, I'd like to find a way to bring it home. Maybe we will get lucky and it will just be out tomorrow during the day.

I think I'm going to get ducklings soon, my mom really wants some ducks.

I need some names for them! I can't go over 10 days without naming them, it drives me nuts.

Back
Top Bottom