Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Getting its feathers in!

As a brand new chicken lady who has managed to keep eight farm-store chicks happy and healthy for over 2 weeks, I figured it was time to name them. I love the thread here about naming chicks and found some good ones there. So, here's my little chicken family with their freshly assigned names. They should be around ~18 days old.

The two sexlinks (Mango and Cheeto) are light orange so they're named by color. I also have a hard time telling them apart so I have a feeling they will be "hey mango or cheeto whichever one you are" for a while.

The silver laced Wyandottes are named by personality - Loki got the name because she like to terrorize my yellow lab Thor. He loves the chickens and is very interested in them. But that little black one will run up to him and peck at his nose/paws/whatever, like an annoying little sibling. Thus, Loki. Doddlebug is a bit absent minded and tends to wander off and not pay attention to to whats going on. If I put down fresh food or water all of them will happily come running and Doodle is about 30 seconds behind because a piece of grass has caught her attention. An airhead.

Nugget is the smallest and Snickers is named by color. They were both sold as Americaunas but are probably easter eggers.

Lastly, my two Rhode Island Reds. Peaches was the first to get a name since she looked like a ripe peach when she was all chick fuzz. She's also the most affectionate. Pickles got her name because...well, alliteration and it was the only name I could think of after figuring out the others.

Back
Top Bottom