Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Ive found it takes time. Try petting one f the brave ones that comes toward you softly, and ust keeping bringing them their food and water. They will figure out that you're one of the good guys.
My babies are 3-1/2 weeks old today, and went in to feed and water them this morning. They were out of food and water, knocked the waterer off the box I had it setting on to keep it free of shavings, and knocked the box around. My RIR roo, King Roo, and one of his RIR hens were sitting on the box. I leaned down to gently move them off the box, and the hen flew off, onto my hand, and wouldn't get off! I ended up bringing her up out of the brooder box, and she snuggled between my boobs (I was wearing my robe) letting me pet her for several minutes without complaint. So, yep, it takes time for them to get used to you. I have handed King Roo several times, and he's getting used to me, too... figured it would be good to get the Master of the roost tamer than the rest, since he would be the one to attack me if I get into the run and house with them.

Here's my pics of my babies... I have 1 RIR roo, 5 RIR hens, 4 Black Australorps, and 4 White Jersey Giants. I had 5 of each for hens, but lost 2 shortly after I got them. They're being replaced this coming week by the hatchery, being included in my new order of 1 Black Australorp roo, 6 Dark Cornish hens, and 9 Cornish X Rocks... my freebie from the hatchery is a GLW, and I'm not sure if it's a he or she yet... starting to think it might be a roo, too. So, I'll end up with 3 roos for sure, if that's the case. I also have 25 RIR hatching eggs to go into the incubator that's supposed to arrive tomorrow, so will have them set by Thursday. That chicken math is adding up quick for me! My hubby wants to get more of the GLWs, AND BLRWs, since he likes the GLW that we got for free. They're 5 days old here.

my 5 week old babies playing in coop

My mom's Lt. Brahmas were mostly yellow with dark splashes as chicks -- exactly like the ones on Feathersite. I've never seen a chick with dark gray down turn into a white adult...
White Jersey Giants start out as gray down covered chicks, and turn completely white feathered.

this is oak. she was born on thursday

this is honey. she was born last year, she shes an adult now, but i thought this was a cute pic. theres also one of her pics in my avatar

Here are my BABIES! :D

fourth born :)

taking a nap

zzzzz :p

dead or alive haha

the twins lol

curious george..?

aghh i hit my head

this doesnt smell good...

smells good...should take a nap in here..

in order
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom