Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

So idk if it's just different breeding but your lil gal doesn't look anything like the 4 black Australorps I got.
Notice the large difference in the amount of black, leg color and it looks like yours is getting white wing feathers. It looks more like my Anconas actually or a little like both.
I am so excited to introduce Betty! I have been waiting FOREVER to finally have her, she is a Black Australorp. The feed store's shipments were late so we only brought her home yesterday. We were going to pick out a couple more, but they only had broilers to choose from, and I didn't want to be irresponsible and just buy a broiler or two as packing peanuts and then have to deal with the consequences of raising them. So alone she came home. And immediately was introduced into her new family of 3 week olds. They all took to each other perfectly! Betty actually would be found underneath their legs and they never once picked on her. She might be my new favorite. :drool :love

So idk if it's just different breeding but your lil gal doesn't look anything like the 4 black Australorps I got.

Notice the large difference in the amount of black, leg color and it looks like yours is getting white wing feathers. It looks more like my Anconas actually or a little like both.

Actually yea they vary by amounts of black/yellow.... and they should/can have white first flight feathers. That is normal for the breed. Eventually they become all black.

Her leg color is perhaps not to standard, but that is likely because she is a hatchery stock chick, not from a breeder. I believe they should have grey/slate legs, with white on the bottom of their feet. As of now she has grey on her shanks, but then it turns to yellow, and her feet are yellow. While standards are important to the breed, and I really enjoy learning about them, they aren't deal breakers to me since I won't be breeding and just want some cute chickens for pets and eggs. :)

What are these guys? They're adorable like little tortie cats! hahaha

To be honest we aren't sure! The little black faced one is a barred rock. But the other two were in a mixed bin of about 20 different breeds and the store owner had no idea. We are going to post pics in the "what's the breed" section of the forum as soon as we get home. We have some ideas but nothing solid yet. We are hoping for something with not white eggs hahaha

Back
Top Bottom