Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

My little 4-week old, mixed flock cuddled in a basket! I have named all but 2!!! I was planning to put them outside this weekend but the weather has turned cold here in Alaska... Again...

Update- My little babies at 8.5 weeks.

This is Lola/Pretty Ricky... We're not 100% sure but we're leaning towards this chick being a roo. It is a BCM crossed with a red.

Here is Pamala my Silver cuckoo Marans and Bluebell my red-brown Ameraucana.

This is Raven my Jersey Giant - also bought straight run so I'm unsure of sex

Lola/Pretty Ricky next to my Road island red, Miss Velma.

Turkey are a little bit like chickens. But totally different. They learn better in some ways than chickens, but they require a teacher to learn to eat and drink, if they don't have a mama. So you hatch chicks with the poults. Turkeys take one more week of incubation than chickens. Turkeys are way less fearful of people than the chickens are, and will crawl into a lap more readily, although my chickens will climb into my lap too.

@Lsky finish Elle's arc! Don't leave us hanging!

Last edited:
Oh, that's interesting. Never really been interested in turkeys, they look so goofy to me. Quail, chickens and ducks are where it's at ;)

(I'm just struggling to keep up in the RPG with all the new characters, and I can't keep up with where everyone is! :lol: I was thinking in the future it would be cool to start a new RPG, and have drawings of all the locations and characters. Someone to 'control' it so to speak, not control what people do but just the things like, whether it was night or day etc.. I don't have the resources to to that right now though.)

Anyway, do you eat the turkeys and the eggs? How are they just as pets?

Turkeys can make excellent pets. My daughter loves her turkeys very much. Turkey eggs are about 1.5 times the size chicken eggs, and rich. I like them for baking rich cakes and pastries.

April when they were about 1 week old.

Those are sunshiny little fluffs aren't they!? Glad there's some families enjoy friendly little chicken breeds&turkeys too! Such a rewarding experience.

We are working on a mate for a black hen-
Americana that's been on our farm the last two years. Didnt know what we had untill, on byC started noticing her feet where white&characteristics.(ty byc). Set a bunch of eggs hoping to give her chicks to watch&looking for a kind arcuana or americauna around Fredericksburg va to work on a line for next 4years.

Can you guess which egges are the black americaunas?(here name is Ms.Dorothy)

April when they were about 1 week old.

Those are sunshiny little fluffs aren't they!? Glad there's some families enjoy friendly little chicken breeds&turkeys too! Such a rewarding experience.

We are working on a mate for a black at
Americana that's been on our farm the last two years. Didnt know what we had untill, on byC started noticing her feet where white&characteristics.(ty byc). Set a bunch of eggs hoping to give her chicks to watch&looking for a kind arcuana or americauna around Fredericksburg va to work on a line for next 4years.

Can you guess which egges are the black americaunas?(here name is Ms.Dorothy)
Update- My little babies at 8.5 weeks.

This is Lola/Pretty Ricky... We're not 100% sure but we're leaning towards this chick being a roo. It is a BCM crossed with a red.

Here is Pamala my Silver cuckoo Marans and Bluebell my red-brown Ameraucana.

This is Raven my Jersey Giant - also bought straight run so I'm unsure of sex

Lola/Pretty Ricky next to my Road island red, Miss Velma.

Looks like a tell_tale heart to this litty buff heheh.

Back
Top Bottom