Baby chickies get the zoomies. Yours?

minichic

Songster
9 Years
Dec 13, 2010
Saratoga County, NY
It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Every once in awhile the chicks hold their wings out and run the length of the brooder. I call it the zoomies. I'm assuming this is normal?

They are 6 days old today. Everyone eats, drinks and poops fine.

Zoomies
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Like Mazda: Zoom Zoom Zoom!

Yes, mine get the zoomies too! Even my fat meat chicks! Talk about rolling thunder!
wee.gif

Watching the chicks grow is way better than any other entertainment I've come across. It's a wonder I'm not late for work everyday or that I remember to go to bed at night, because it seems like I'm always staring into the brooder!

Yep, mine are doing this. They don't care a bit if they barrel into each other, or step on a sleeping sister's head. Rude awakening.

I can't wait to tell my daughter about the Zoomies!!

Glad I am not the only one that sits and stares at them (too much) to notice all the silly, funny, interesting, fascinating things they do!!!!!!

My chicks get the zoomies ALL of the time! They were just recently moved out of the brooder and in to the big girl (and rooster) pen, and they are always exploring and staying together and such and it's just hilarious!

Mine have the zoomies and the hoppies! They just leap into the air sometimes for no apparent reason! The girls are better at it than my one lone roo, cause their wing feathers are longer. They are at that 'fugly' stage right now, but act cute!

I'm having a blast watching my little chicks zooming and hopping around. Watching them interact with each other is a hoot! Yesterday a chick had found a stray horse feed pellet in the crumbles and took off with it. Chirping excitedly all her sisters raced after her. Once she dropped it they all stared at the grey pellet as if it were a mutant. One second later they lost interest and took their naps. At 4 days old doesn't take much to entertain them.

I also am in love with the zooming
love.gif

My 5 WCblack Polish chicks are 3 weeks old and they have been moved out to the barn with Mamma Silkie and watching them learn that they have wings and very "sproingy" legs is hilarious. they are starting to jump and perch on everything..... Mamma gives them weird looks like " what are you guys doing... we don't do that"
D.gif

Glad I'm not alone on spending so much time watching the chicks! My girls are getting "ZOOMY" all day long. Great fun to watch. I moved a folding chair out to the coop and just sit there watching all day. I hate to go back to work tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom