ladyearth

Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2013
kentucky
cant keep taking her to vet.. too far awy not avian etc
No moldy feed
now one or two has the runny poop. I know I should have confined her right away
they are acting starved esp the older group..
I think its fungal either "columustrum perf." or e coli or something...
so anyone using oil of oregano.?. That organic "Bell and something" organic poultry producers I read they arent using antibiotics, Instead using oregano
vet last Friday said Corrid....
been doing so since in their water. But I dont hink thats it....

Keep up the Corid. Coccidiosis is the most common thing that kills chicks, causes runny poo, lethargy, etc. Frankly, if it is something more complex there is probably little you can do without a lot of veterinary help. But even if Cocci is not the cause of illness there are some things that will always help with almost any illness: 1) Provide vitamins and probiotics, and 2) Keep the sick birds from getting cold and being stressed.

Anyways, with the Corid, make sure you are treating the whole flock. It is safe and there is no egg withdrawal necessary. Even if Cocci is not the main cause of their illness, it can be an added stressor.

CAN a microscope tell me if the feather loss is from depluming mites??????I have been doing vitamins and probiotics from the beginning....
But no one adresses the peeling skin and feather loss their faces are itchy and peeling skin.... If its lice why cant I see them.???. I see white stuff but its prob flaking skin.... I just spent a long time staring at them wth a flashlightout in the older group coop, esp Baby Girl trying to look at their skin.. So many feathers everywhere.....
my 1/ 1/2 yr olds' vents dont look moist... the two of them........... Baby Girl hasnt laid a real egg snd that was practice Eggs back in July and August or so of 2014...
could it be fungus, bacteria, something in our water, something they are getting into????
We need to test our water...we filter there water like I do ours... Hubby doesnt like the taste....

Back
Top Bottom