Baby Guineas

koolestgrandma

Chirping
Nov 4, 2016
Sapulpa, Ok
My Coop
My Coop
I am so thrilled. My guineas have started 4 nests. Twice they went broody and over half way through they quit. One nest they just layed the eggs and did nothing with it. The last one I bought an incubator just in case. Well she was doing fine and the neighbor's dog found her and spooked her one night. What a commotion that was. Could not find her. She showed back up the next day. She went back to the nest but she quit. I had already started up the incubator the night before. I had my friend gather up the eggs and I put them in the incubator. Was not 100% sure when she started sitting. Well last night me and my little Yorkie was watching a movie and all of a sudden we started hearing chirping. She went bonkers and I thought something was after a baby chick outside. I had a mother hen with 4 babies. Well after checking things out. It was the incubator. There were 3 brand new guineas. Wow! I wasn't real hopeful after they spent the night outside with no mom. We are at 15 and counting. I hope they all live and are healthy with all the trauma. I believe she had 32 eggs. I originally had 5 white and 5 pearl. This is just awesome. God kept them safe. . . Sorry for so long. I just had to share. Happy Happy Happy!

:weelove when I get new babies!!!!!!! Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing. Hope to see photos of your cuties soon. I resued my gunieas and they are very skidish of everything lol. Wish mine would make nest and hatch out babies.

I am so thrilled. My guineas have started 4 nests. Twice they went broody and over half way through they quit. One nest they just layed the eggs and did nothing with it. The last one I bought an incubator just in case. Well she was doing fine and the neighbor's dog found her and spooked her one night. What a commotion that was. Could not find her. She showed back up the next day. She went back to the nest but she quit. I had already started up the incubator the night before. I had my friend gather up the eggs and I put them in the incubator. Was not 100% sure when she started sitting. Well last night me and my little Yorkie was watching a movie and all of a sudden we started hearing chirping. She went bonkers and I thought something was after a baby chick outside. I had a mother hen with 4 babies. Well after checking things out. It was the incubator. There were 3 brand new guineas. Wow! I wasn't real hopeful after they spent the night outside with no mom. We are at 15 and counting. I hope they all live and are healthy with all the trauma. I believe she had 32 eggs. I originally had 5 white and 5 pearl. This is just awesome. God kept them safe. . . Sorry for so long. I just had to share. Happy Happy Happy!

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG