baby pheasant doing summer salts cant straighten neck

k4eqh

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
Waterloo, Alabama 35677
I raise Red Golden Pheasants and I have lost one to this "whatever" Need help if anyone knows what to do or what it is....

The baby pheasant is about a week in a half old...has been healthy....I found it today with its neck bent forward with its
beak touching its chest.....it will not straighten its neck....when it stands up it rocks forward until it rest on the top of its
head, then pushes itself over onto its back. Then it gets up and starts the same thing all over again....could use some
help on this one............thankx................if you have a mind to you can call me on 1-256-740-6651 or e-mail me at
[email protected] or answer here.......whatever happens ....I will post what ever I find about this...........thankx zip

You could try dissolving multivitamins into their water or using a vitamin suspension like Polyvisol. I had some chicks hatch that had wry-neck and the vitamin solution did the trick for them, and I just used some old prenatal vitamins because it's what I had on hand. Are you using feed that is formulated for game birds? I know that with ducks and geese, using medicated chick feed can cause terrible consequences.

OldChurchEggery1...................

Thankyou very much for the information....I was able to contact my wife in town as we speak and she will pick up some
of that and will start administering that.....in the mean time I am giving the chick Epson Salts/water and treating for possible
botulism...even though we keep brooders clean, they still eat pooooo and its hard to control that when they are so small.
We are feeding Purina Mills, Turkey medicated starter in crumbles ..... this is what was recommended I believe here on
this site as well as several people that raise pheasants.....I sure am happy to know that there is help out there when you
need to have some information.....again thankyou very much for your information.......Will keep all advised on this thread
as to how this goes...................zip

Back
Top Bottom