Baby rooster suddenly not using leg

He can move his leg at the top part, can bend his foot, but not the knee joint much or his little toes.

He stands better today but is still not using it.
He may have suffered some type of injury.
If he's improving, then I'd give him a bit of time.
You can also give him 1/4 tablet B-Complex.

He may have suffered some type of injury.
If he's improving, then I'd give him a bit of time.
You can also give him 1/4 tablet B-Complex.
Maybe he was running around and playing too hard? Or jumped wrong? If humans can jump wrong and mess up our legs and ankles, then pretty sure a bird can?

Where do I buy this and do I add it to feed or water? I don't mind giving him a boost.
You can find B-Complex on the Vitamin Aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc.
Just split the tablet into quarters and give him a piece daily. Pull down on his wattles, put the piece into his beak and let him swallow.

It will not hurt him if you can't get exact pieces, if it's easier to just give him a 1/2 tablet daily, you can do that. B vitamins are water soluble, so you don't have to worry about overdoing it, any extra that he may not need will just be excreted in the urates in his poop.

He limps. He doesn't bend his foot. He seems fine using the joint where it connects to his thigh. His toes curl and grip things. Just won't bend his middle part of his leg. Will still keep an eye on him in case he gets worse.

Is it broken? Can you feel a break?
No. It feels intact. That's what had me worried at first when he was just lying on the ground. I went over his whole leg 3x and he didn't even flinch in pain or anything. Will observe him more tomorrow to see if there is any improvement 🤔 I hope so bc I have no idea what it could be right now other than a sprain of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom