Baby quail - loss of right leg function

Silkiez

Hatching
Mar 18, 2024
Hi al, I am hoping someone can help my baby quail. It didn't hatch properly firstly, I had to save it be pealing the rest of the shell from the chick, it was very little and frail. After 2 days he was up walking sit a bit wobbly and hocks not looking great, day 3 he/she was running around great, eating and drinking on its own, then I noticed in the afternoon he had lost function of one leg and his toes had curled under. Strange he was fine and now can't walk. He is still eating and drinking and very alert, he just can't seem to lift his leg to step forward so will just fall on the side unless I prob him up, so he often sits on his hocks or stands really tall - but can't walk forward as only the one leg is bending to step, the other leg will just flick backwards. See attached
1000019492.jpg
1000019496.jpg
1000019495.jpg

Try giving some Poultry Cell 3 drops daily or give 1/4 tablet of human B complex tablet for the riboflavin. It could have a leg problem such as a slipped tendon or leg bone deformity. Make sure that it can eat and drink often.

Try giving some Poultry Cell 3 drops daily or give 1/4 tablet of human B complex tablet for the riboflavin. It could have a leg problem such as a slipped tendon or leg bone deformity. Make sure that it can eat and drink often.
Thank you, I gave him some b complex today so I am hoping this helps. I was thinking slipped tendon too, I just don't understand why he was walking fine and then all of a sudden this... :(
How long do these things normally take to repair themselves (if it was just a vitamin deficiency)? I don't want to drag out any suffering but also want to try help if I can. I feel so bad

Back
Top Bottom