Back again from Texas!

nharbison0722

Chirping
May 26, 2016
Hi BYC family!

While I am not new to the BYC forum, I have been gone for about a year or so. So I thought I would re-introduce myself and my new chicks! I had taken a break for a while from raising chickens, as I was newly dating who would become my current fiance'. At the time, I didn't feel like I was giving the girls (my chicks) the time and attention that they deserved, so I re-homed them to a farm that is in our family. Very good people and very loving of all animals. Now that I am engaged and things have settled down a bit, I couldn't wait to get back into raising chicks and all that comes along with it! My fiance' and I are doing this together as a couple, and I couldn't be happier about that. She loves them just about as much as I do! ;)
I had gone to my local feed and supply store to see the possibility of ordering some Lavender Orpingtons. They put me in contact with a local breeder that raises rare and hard to find chicks. While I didn't end up getting the Lavender Orpingtons, I did fall in love with some beautiful birds that are now brooding in my indoor patio brooder. In all, I got 1 Blue Langshan, 2 Blue Splash Laced Red Wyandottes and 4 Croad Langshans. All beautiful and not available from my local TSC. Now, I am not all about getting rare and hard to come by chicks (at least rare and hard to come by in my area), but I had had such a mixed experience getting chicks from a hatchery via TSC. So, I decided to go with the local breeder, and I'm really glad that I did! All of her birds were extremely well taken care of and she even made me Lysol my shoes before walking into their pens to look at them. (I was impressed) The level of love and care that she showed for her birds was evident and I was happy to pay the extra cost for that. The only thing is that I don't know if they are male or female. :( I hope to post some photos as the birds develop more and see if I can get opinions as to the sex. I do have one girl that I believe has a mild case of pasty butt. I posted about her in the Raising Baby Chicks section, and am trying my best to help her.
All of that to say that I have really missed being on here with all of you, and more so- missed my girls that brought me so much joy and at times anxiety! (Not to mention chicken fever and chicken math)
Hope everyone is doing well in this new year, and I look forward to hearing from you!
God Bless,
Neil
IMG_8212.JPG

Hi BYC family!

While I am not new to the BYC forum, I have been gone for about a year or so. So I thought I would re-introduce myself and my new chicks! I had taken a break for a while from raising chickens, as I was newly dating who would become my current fiance'. At the time, I didn't feel like I was giving the girls (my chicks) the time and attention that they deserved, so I re-homed them to a farm that is in our family. Very good people and very loving of all animals. Now that I am engaged and things have settled down a bit, I couldn't wait to get back into raising chicks and all that comes along with it! My fiance' and I are doing this together as a couple, and I couldn't be happier about that. She loves them just about as much as I do! ;)
I had gone to my local feed and supply store to see the possibility of ordering some Lavender Orpingtons. They put me in contact with a local breeder that raises rare and hard to find chicks. While I didn't end up getting the Lavender Orpingtons, I did fall in love with some beautiful birds that are now brooding in my indoor patio brooder. In all, I got 1 Blue Langshan, 2 Blue Splash Laced Red Wyandottes and 4 Croad Langshans. All beautiful and not available from my local TSC. Now, I am not all about getting rare and hard to come by chicks (at least rare and hard to come by in my area), but I had had such a mixed experience getting chicks from a hatchery via TSC. So, I decided to go with the local breeder, and I'm really glad that I did! All of her birds were extremely well taken care of and she even made me Lysol my shoes before walking into their pens to look at them. (I was impressed) The level of love and care that she showed for her birds was evident and I was happy to pay the extra cost for that. The only thing is that I don't know if they are male or female. :( I hope to post some photos as the birds develop more and see if I can get opinions as to the sex. I do have one girl that I believe has a mild case of pasty butt. I posted about her in the Raising Baby Chicks section, and am trying my best to help her.
All of that to say that I have really missed being on here with all of you, and more so- missed my girls that brought me so much joy and at times anxiety! (Not to mention chicken fever and chicken math)
Hope everyone is doing well in this new year, and I look forward to hearing from you!
God Bless,
Neil
View attachment 1235828

Welcome back ... so happy you met your mate great for both of you much luck, love and happiness to you

Back
Top Bottom