Bad luck...

AnaD

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
N. Ca
The lady I was going to get ducklings from is having bad luck due to power outtages and it looks like I wont be getting any
hit.gif
. Craigslist is lacking in ducks and I just don't know where to find sexed female ducklings locally...Anyone have ideas?
I don't want to try to rehome more boys than the one I have to...if only they would let me practice vent sexing their ducklings at TSC, maybe I should ask.
sad.png

Quote:
Metzer is within driving range from you. He will sell you less, and you can save if you pick them up. Plus Metzer drives to SFO once per week, where you could meet and pick up the birds. So don't write him off, give him a call and see what can be done.

Here is someone who needs a home for 3 female ducks in the SF area. Perhaps that would be something for you.

Hello Fellow Duck Lovers,

I live in the SF Bay Area, and I have three lovely ducks that I may need to part with soon. I was wondering if there are others near me that might be looking for new duck friends. I have included a link with photos of them all. They are spoiled and used to a nice, big back yard.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monkey69/sets/72157626323977629/

This is sort of a preliminary call; I am wondering if there are board members in my area looking for more duck pets. If so, can you write me and tell me about yourselves and where the ducks would be living?

Thanks very much,
Carol
[email protected]

Last edited:
try posting to CL and see if anybody wants to split an order if you can't drive to Metzer's. Then the cost will be split and much more affordable.
Also ask a local feed store, if they are ordering ducklings, if they can special order in some female XYZ for you with their next order.

Wow, thank you all for the ideas! I think I'll take a look at some of those options.
Thanks again
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom