Badges and Titles

Jucodeo

The Sky is Falling!
Jun 15, 2016
Holland Patent, New York
My Coop
My Coop
Hello BYC Community,
My name is Justin or known as Jucodeo on BYC and I just became a member today. As I just got my chickens yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to join this forum. I was wondering how you can achieve certain titles such as Moderator and if there are any other titles. If anyone knows of any other titles pls reply and tell me. Also I heard there are a variety of badges to be earned on this forum. If anyone has a broad understanding on badges such as BYC Spirit and 5 years. If anyone has info on titles and badges please list as many as you can and how I can achieve them.
Thanks,
Justin
thumbsup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
With the exception of Moderator and Premium Feather Membership, (the later you can purchase from our Store) the Greeter, Friend, Spirit and Educator are all given out through someone nominating you. So once you have been on BYC a while and someone sees you are really helpful and have the knowledge, someone may nominate you for a Spirit award. If you go greet the newbies in the New Members section for a while and really give them that Welcome to BYC spirit, then someone may nominate you for a Greeter award. That is how those work. :)

The awards come out quarterly. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all I feel that I really want to give people a warm welcome and give them entrance to our wonderful forum. I think I will go greet some people right now.
I love hanging out in the new members forums. Giving the newbies a good welcome makes them really feel at home and how great this entire community really is!! :)

See you there!! :)

Yes I am very excited to start working towards my first badge. As I was telling TwoCrows my goal is to gain a Greeter or Friend badge by October, and if I wont I will try for next deadline! I have been greeting some people and I love it. I know I will be spending some time on their helping our new chicks get into the grove just as you, TwoCrows, and so many others did! Thanks for a great welcome and I can guarantee you I am not going anywhere! :)
Justin
thumbsup.gif

Justin, welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I must say I love your enthusiasm! As the above posters said, if you earn your stripes, you'll get them eventually. Keep up the good work!

This link.... https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/byc-member-awards-and-badges ...
I got a message saying it was an error and that I did not have permission to view that page. Any ideas how to see it?
On a similar note, ive been searching for days for threads about titles and badges and such. Problem is when you're new you don't know what these things are called so you dont know what to search for. I spent a lot of time scrolling through page after page of posts hoping to find answers. Is there not a "Sticky" post on the very first page, very first post, explaining things about BYC like what are titles, points, badges, glossary, acronyms, and the like. It might be there but I haven't found it. Then again I am a bit of a feather-head and when I get the answer I'll be :th(oh...looks like we need a *slap myself for being so stupid* emoji).
So for now...:pop

Back
Top Bottom