Banana Bread and Fudge Recipes To Share

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Someone asked for this so I thought I would share with everyone.
If you have a good holiday recipe - PLEASE SHARE!

Banana Bread:

1 & 3/4 c all purpose flour
1 & 1/4 teaspoon baking
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
3 large very ripe bananas
nuts are optional

Throw it all in a bowl and beat it until it is smooth - bake at 350 for 60 minutes and then check the loaf with a smooth knife into the center. Check every few minutes, and remove right away once the knife is clean.

This recipe is for one loaf and can be doubled or tripled.

FUDGE
2 cups sugar
2 chunks of baking chocolate (bitter)
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup WHOLE milk

set aside a small glass with an ice cube and water in it. Fill one side of your kitchen sink with cold water.

Use a large sauce pan - you will need a candy thermometer. Mix the above ingredients over medium flame unti lthe candy thermometer reads a minimum of 240 degrees. At this point, drop a small amount of the candy into the glass of water and ice. Once it forms a ball, not little dribbles, but a ball, then remove the pan from the flame. Holding the pan in the cold water in the sink (don't get the water in the pan), beat the fudge with a wooden spoon until it forms a glassy sheen to it and thickens. Poor on a greased platter and let sit for about 1 hour.

Nuts of course are optional.

Last edited:
I don't like sour cream on anything and would not have tried them if I had known what the ingredients were.
roll.png

Sourcream Sugared Walnuts

1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla
1# walnuts

Mix sour cream and sugar. Heat to 223 degrees stirring constantly. Add vanilla and walnuts. Stir rapidly until mixture has sugared and coated nuts. Spread on tray and separate nuts. Cool thoroughly and store in airtight container. (Recipe says they keep 3-4 months, but they have never made it past the 3-4 day mark around here.)

I don't have the ingredients for Bananna bread right on the top of my head, but I like to add pecans instead of walnuts.

Or, add some of those tiny chocolate chips to the mix.

MMMM mmmmm

Quote:
This is the best fudge I have ever eaten.

KAHLUA FUDGE

1 1/2 cups sugar
7 oz jar of marshmallow crème
2/3 cup evaporated milk
¼ cup butter
¼ cup Kahlua
¼ tsp salt
2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup nuts (optional)

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil

In a 2 quart sauce pan combine sugar, marshmallow crème, evaporated milk, butter and Kahlua. Bring to a rapid boil. Stir constantly and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in all of the chocolate. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour into the foil-lined pan and refrigerate until hardened.

Oh yeah, I forgot about my banana bread recipe!!

1/2 c. oil 1 t. vanilla
1 c. sugar 3-4 ripe bananas
2 eggs 2 c. self-rising flour
1/2 t. salt 1/2 c. crushed, drained pineapple
1/2 cup nuts

Mix together all ingredients (cut up bananas and nuts). Put the ingredients in a greased loaf pan and bake @ 350 for 1 hour. Yumm-o!!!

I add an extra banana or two for more flavor.
And don't worry, you can't even taste the pineapple!

pips&peeps :

I don't have the ingredients for Bananna bread right on the top of my head, but I like to add pecans instead of walnuts.

Or, add some of those tiny chocolate chips to the mix.

MMMM mmmmm

I agree, I use pecans as well instead of walnuts.​

what about other variants of fudge??? I've always LOVED fudge, the soft, yummy stuff that is all those gourmet flavors....Anyone have those recipes??? BTW, the kalua fudge sounds awesome....

Back
Top Bottom