Bananas for treats?

lilchicklover

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
i was chopping up bananas for pudding and thought chicks would love bananas. my chicks are 2 weeks old can they have bananas? are they ok for them?They are kinda squishy so i thought they might be ok. please answer so my chicks can maybe have a yummy treat
droolin.gif
. thanks
wee.gif

I tried to give my chicks some bananas a few times and they wanted nothing to do with it. They just looked at me like "What is this?! Where are our worms??
rant.gif
" Lol
I will try to offer it to them again sometime in the future. I hope yours take to it better than mine did.

they can have them, whether they'll want them I don't know... it's the "treat" my chickens (now 4 weeks) won't touch, they love the yogurt, oatmeal, watermelon, and grapes, but no way with the bananas... I've tried squishing them and cutting it into bits... but I think they don't like the stickiness yet (at least by their reactions).

I never tried giving bananas to mine until they were older, but they were a hit from the first time I gave them some chopped up in chunks. They are okay to give to 2-week-old chicks, but different chicks have a mind of their own whether they will eat a new treat or turn their beak up at it.

My chicks only like Mealworm Frenzy! They are pretty boring
caf.gif
My hens like everything!I heated up in the microwave and they ate the hole thing! I gave them bananas and they had no clue wat to do with it but they ate it. Your chicks can have bananas and maybe they will like them! maybe not in my case!
rant.gif

Quote:
In my experience adult chickens will eat just about anything they can fit into their mouth, but chicks never seemto have been interested in anything but the feed. I dont know about bananas. idk if i tried anything that squishy.

Quote:
I agree -- mine will eat anything that won't eat them first. Last night, they enjoyed the remains of the chicken feet from my meaties after I made soup stock from them!
ep.gif
It's that old "don't ask, don't tell" policy again.

For birds that have access to food 24/7, they always act like they haven't eaten in days!

Ya My chicks didnt like the bananas
sad.png
. But im going to try water melon next
smile.png
thanks for all the replys

Back
Top Bottom