Bantam Barred Rock - lethargic, no egg, pale face

chickenbritt5908

Songster
Nov 20, 2019
Oklahoma
My little Barred Rock, Betty, was acting strange Sunday afternoon. She was walking but a little wobbly and I noticed her neck tucked down, she was a little puffed up, and her comb, wattles, & face were very pale. So I brought her inside and put her in a pet carrier with food and water which she has barely touched. Her poop is runny and clear or white. I felt her today for an egg in case egg bound. But she just feels so thin under her feathers and I found no trace of an egg. Although I didn’t prod her too much. Sunday I gave her a dose of LA200. Any ideas of what could be wrong and/or solutions?
Thanks!
Attached a picture of Betty on a normal day.

Attachments

• 76C84F2B-0C21-442D-A3D3-BC09906D0BCF.jpeg
    76C84F2B-0C21-442D-A3D3-BC09906D0BCF.jpeg
    574.9 KB · Views: 40
How old is she? How does her crop feel—empty, full, hard, puffy, or dough-like? Some of her symptoms could be from coccidiosis or a reproductive disorder. Does she normally lay eggs, and have they been normal hard shells? Check her skin under the belly and vent, and under wings and neck for lice and mites. Will she drink some fluids or electrolyte water? If it has been hot dehydration may be a possibility. Wet chicken feed and a bit of scrambled egg could be offered. Any poop pictures are welcome. If coccidiosis is suspected, Corid can be good to put in the water.

How old is she? How does her crop feel—empty, full, hard, puffy, or dough-like? Some of her symptoms could be from coccidiosis or a reproductive disorder. Does she normally lay eggs, and have they been normal hard shells? Check her skin under the belly and vent, and under wings and neck for lice and mites. Will she drink some fluids or electrolyte water? If it has been hot dehydration may be a possibility. Wet chicken feed and a bit of scrambled egg could be offered. Any poop pictures are welcome. If coccidiosis is suspected, Corid can be good to put in the water.
Her crop felt empty and almost kind of bony? No lice or mites. She doesn’t seem to drinking or eating very much. I gave her scrambled eggs and she barely touched them. She does normally lay a healthy egg. I don’t suspect coccidiosis as there hasn’t been any blood in her stool. I will attach a picture shortly.

There is a photo of her droppings. I have some layer pellets in there and the other pieces are diced ham from this morning that I gave to her.

Attachments

• E06770B5-9E45-4908-A699-645E1677EF24.jpeg
    E06770B5-9E45-4908-A699-645E1677EF24.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 11
Her crop felt empty and almost kind of bony? No lice or mites. She doesn’t seem to drinking or eating very much. I gave her scrambled eggs and she barely touched them. She does normally lay a healthy egg. I don’t suspect coccidiosis as there hasn’t been any blood in her stool. I will attach a picture shortly.
Oh and she’s like 2-3

Back
Top Bottom