Bantam chicks?

myhenSunrise

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2015
Ontario

I came across an add at my local feed store saying bantam chicks for sale, and I'd been looking for a few bantams for a while, so I went with my mom, cousins and sis to check it out, I picked out three and my cousins and my sis picked out one each as well. I asked the owner what type of bantams they were and she said she didn't know, so I was hoping that someone on the site could help me? They vary in color, more pics will be coming in the next few days I hope, but what we took home was:
1 partridge patterned chick
3 white/light tan
1 dark bluish
And 1 white/gold/black
All are bantams. The one in the pics is the partridge chick, Maia, I will be grateful for any help, and thank you in advance.

Those colors and feathers on the feet lead me to think cochins. I doubt they are from the same parent birds though. Feed stores usually if not always get them from a hatchery and that means many different parents for the batch.

More pics will certainly help.

I bought them from a local Mennonite family, and the owner didn't use an incubator, they were all with the same hen...

Here is the white/gold/black

Oh I thought it was like a feed store around here.

If they all have feathered feet they are likely cochins or even millies but I think that milles would be looking like each other more. I am going with cochins as my guess. Super cute little birds and super friendly. Very cute babies.

So I have been looking at pics of Cochin bantams on I-net and they look nothing like the hen and roo of this batch do.

Back
Top Bottom