BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics

My new little guy his name is Roscoe! He is supposed to be a self blue bantam Cochin. But a few told me he may be a beardless d'uccle??? I'm not sure I know he was a hatchery bird. I love him regardless he is sooo pretty!!

At what age do the Bantam Cochin roosters mature? My 3 month old is chasing and mounting one of my standard size hens already? Just seems awfully young and he leaves his same age Bantam Cochin hen behind while he chases the larger ones all over the yard? Is this normal? Oh and he has been crowing incessantly in the morning...I like a rooster crowing and thank goodness I have no neighbors but this morning was ridicules!

The Buff Orpington giving him the stink eye in this photo is the one he keeps chasing and mounting?

In chicken breeds here on BYC I read that a con of Cochins is that they " cant get wet". If this is true can someone explain this to me i have 6 coming next week.

In chicken breeds here on BYC I read that a con of Cochins is that they " cant get wet". If this is true can someone explain this to me i have 6 coming next week.

I'm guessing it means that if it rains they can get soaked if they don't have shelter. I've given my Cochin hen a bath and she was just fine after I blow dried her with a hair dryer. If you don't blow dry them I can take a while for them to dry and they could get chilled.

Back
Top Bottom