BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics

This is my 6-7 week old male

Looks like one I got..pretty sure mine is a roo

Their combs will turn red eventually, but if they're red at five weeks you've got a boy. Also when mine was five weeks old he still looked only 3 weeks because roosters grow slow. The girl we had just like him looked like a 6 week old at 5 weeks

Their combs will turn red eventually, but if they're red at five weeks you've got a boy. Also when mine was five weeks old he still looked only 3 weeks because roosters grow slow. The girl we had just like him looked like a 6 week old at 5 weeks

Thank you so much..maybe this one isn't a boy then...didn't turn til 6 weeks

So if I'm understanding this about roosters, since both of mine are same size then there is a good chance they are both hens.

I'd guess you have one of each. But they both have more comb and more color than my 2 that are about 2 weeks older. Ya never know tho. I'm in the same boat with my lil wyandotte, but he's not going anywhere until he crows & I know for sure. The waiting game sucks, I change my mind everyday on mine.

Well the mystery of Miss Dixies disappearing babies was solved today...and now she only has two left and I only have one cat!

The offending cat that earned her way to a predators death killed a total of 11 lil banty chicks...she was caught with the evidence in her mouth crawling out of the chicken run through a space I could barely get my hand through...

So mystery solved...but a very heavy heart...I had 8 babies yesterday, 5 of them frizzles and now just one frizzle and one straight feather and no blues!! :-(

I thought about putting some of my Easter hatch babies in with the parents, as most of them are hers, but the calicos are doing a really good,job of fostering them and they are settled...

:-(

Back
Top Bottom