BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
I have chicks hatching today
1f423.png
1f423.png
so excited.

I have a question. Not sure if I am in the right place. It's a genetic question, but the only other thread is genetic standards..

I would like to know if I cross a bantam orp to a bantam cochin, does anyone know what the cross may look like?

I have a Chocolate Cuckoo Bantam Orp Roo (GORGEOUS)
And I have Mottled Bantam Cochin Hens.
I am in the process of switching over to all bantam orps but if I keep them together and get rid of my mottled roos , what they may turn out like?? Anyone here good with genetics??

Just got my calico and mille fleur bantam cochins this spring and of course out of the SR I have 6 calico cockerels available. I'm just east of Dallas and they are free. 6wks old, lovely markings and leg feathering. This isn't the greatest pic (can take others) taken at 5wks.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I've had two bantam Cochins, one of which was a total sweetheart who I loved dearly, the other... Eh, he's a nightmare but I couldn't let him go.

I got six bantam chicks to start my bantam flock in 2012, two of which were my Cochin babies. They're the yellow and yellow-red chicks in this picture:

I always believed them to be brother and sister. I named the boy Georgia and the girl Ruthie. They went through a terribly awkward phase as they grew, and were half yellow, half brown for a while!

When grown, Ruthie was a beautiful hen, and a wonderful mother figure. She laid great eggs almost every day, and when my rosecomb hen laid an egg fertilized by Georgia, Ruthie took it upon herself to hatch her soon-to-be niece! The egg hatched and became a hen I still have today. Unfortunately a hawk got Ruthie not long after that... I miss her every day.
This is her:

Georgia was sweet for a while when he was young, and I handled him every day, but he grew up MEAN. He attacked my other rooster and mauled the hens trying to breed, so I had to separate him. He still lives alone but I plan to get large fowl hens to put him with so he can be happy and I think they'll be so much bigger that he won't bother them too bad. Georgia is so handsome though, and he made such a pretty daughter, that I hate to let him go.
This is him:

And this is Georgia's half-rosecomb daughter, Mykerion (the black hen):

Back
Top Bottom