BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Thanks! Her name is Dot :) it is usually true but my pure buff brahma chick I think is a girl and she is feathering pretty slow. Dot feathered so slow when she was a chick I thought she was a boy. And my Mille Fluer/brahma chick is feathering super fast, has a super small comb, (single?) but sounds like a boy, like the boy Cochin chick. His name is Hawk btw, his sisters name is Night.

Thanks! Her name is Dot
smile.png
it is usually true but my pure buff brahma chick I think is a girl and she is feathering pretty slow. Dot feathered so slow when she was a chick I thought she was a boy. And my Mille Fluer/brahma chick is feathering super fast, has a super small comb, (single?) but sounds like a boy, like the boy Cochin chick. His name is Hawk btw, his sisters name is Night.

I'll have to look for some Brahma Bantam chicks next time.... I am getting 2 more standard chicks in May, and those Banties are just too adorable. But the hubs would rather I avoid another impulse buy. ;)

I love those names!

Thanks! The mom of the Mille Fleur/brahma is Acorn, the daughter is Almond. The mom of the brahma chick is Peanut, the baby is Pecan. It gets confusing sometimes. Lol :) And the father of all of them is Pumpkin.

Last edited:
I had a question, I have two bantam cochins almost a month old (be a month on the 24th of march)and they are already sporting wattles...not pink or anything either just orange color. Was wondering if ti is normal for them to already have them at that age?

Last edited:
I had a question, I have two bantam cochins almost a month old (be a month on the 24th of march)and they are already sporting wattles...not pink or anything either just orange color. Was wondering if ti is normal for them to already have them at that age? 

My two week old Cochin chick already has red wattles, if yours are just getting them, and they're orange, I'd say they're girls. But hey, a picture's worth a thousand words.

Hi everyone, thought I'd join this thread as I'm trying to "break into" the world of BC, lol. I have my first eggs in the incubator and I'm so excited!

Looking for more, though. Any leads on non-hatchery, quality eggs? I'm not too picky on color at this time since I'm starting with a clean slate but do need NPIP.

Thanks. :) Love all the babies on here!

hi, I was told that i got a cochin this last saturday, this is my first time with chickens but i have been professionally/seriously raising ducks for 12 years, these chicks are definitely 100 times cleaner than ducklings but do chicks not follow as ducklings do ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom