BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Hi, I am brand new to this, so please bare with me. I have kept back yard chickens before, but never have I had to introduce chicks to other chicks. I have 6 Ameraucana chicks - nearly 5 weeks old and I just picked up 2 bantam cochin - 2 weeks old - today. I would love some advice on how to introduce these new mini chicks to the big folks. When, where, how...please help if you can! Thanks

My Cochin bantams came today!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Congrats
love.gif
You have a great mix there! My bantam Cochins are due to start hatching on Wed!!!!!
jumpy.gif

There are:
5 blues (one is a splash)
4 barred
3 partridge
2 self blue/ lavender
1 black

I'm going to name the black one Blackberry, a lavender one Strawberry, a blue Blueberry, and a partridge one Raspberry.
I am trying to name these ones all berry names
smile.png
any other berry names would be appreciated.
So far I've come up with:
Huckleberry
Mulberry
Cranberry
That is a great variety of colors! Love the berry name theme you could also do,
Pineberry (White strawberry, very cool berry!)
...and if they don't have to end with "berry" than you could do,
Cherry

I also REALLY like Huckleberry, Mulberry and Cranberry, good luck with your new little ones, don't forget to post pics as they grow up!

This is Nixon I've been told he's a bantam Cochin just not sure of his/her coloring. It's not show quality due to a few "defects"

This picture was taken today. Such a character.

Last edited:
That is a great variety of colors!  Love the berry name theme you could also do,
Pineberry (White strawberry, very cool berry!)
...and if they don't have to end with "berry" than you could do,
Cherry

I also REALLY like Huckleberry, Mulberry and Cranberry, good luck with your new little ones, don't forget to post pics as they grow up!

Thanks! I was thinking of naming a lavender one strawberry but right now it is Pixie (oddball not a berry) and I named a splash snowberry (not a real thing but oh well) I need another name for a blue chick, blueberry is taken. I like pineberry but not really for a blue chick?

And a recent pic of the ones with names :) (raspberry in front) Oh! I know! I'll name a barred one Pineberry! :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom