BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine do okay in the summer, though it doesn't get much hotter than 85 around here. Providing shade is important as well as cold clean water. I have not ever seen my bantam cochins pant like I see my other breeds do. It probably helps that their pen is on the north side of the barn and that they have a concrete floor.

I'm in the Phoenix desert & my cochins do well in our heat. It's vital for the water & shade at least. I also have pans of shallow water for them to step in, place frozen 2 liters filled with water outside, & have at least a stand mister going to help cool the area. If any are looking as if they have too much of an issue I do give them a pass either in front of the mister to wet them down or a quick dip in a bucket/pan of cool water.

I love my 3 new bantam frizzle cochins. Just got them this past Saturday. Was told they're 3 weeks old. The red one is definitely a male. His comb was super prominent from the start and today it's starting to be very red. He even acts like he runs the brooder, he's in with his frizzle siblings and 5 lavender ameraucanas that are much bigger than the frizzles. Still it's his brooder! HAHA!!

We're not so sure about the black one yet....today the white and black ones' combs look bigger than they were, but not getting redder or quite as pronounced as the red one's comb.

Now to figure out names for these cuties!

My newbies!

Blue

Dark chipmunk?? Was told that some of these were turning into calicos but looks like silver penciled to me??

Lighter chipmunk, same as above??

Don't know what this is!?!?

And four of these guys, partridge?? That I can't really tell apart other than different wing feather lengths.

My newbies!

Blue

Dark chipmunk?? Was told that some of these were turning into calicos but looks like silver penciled to me??

Lighter chipmunk, same as above??

Don't know what this is!?!?

And four of these guys, partridge?? That I can't really tell apart other than different wing feather lengths.
Thank you for sharing never get enough pictures of baby chicks. They are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom