Bantam Duck Page

Quote:
Those aren't tOO big!
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Just the right size!
thumbsup.gif
love.gif

OK you duck people!! Ha, as I join your ranks! We are going into the duck business!! Well, sorta. My daughter has decided she needed some white calls to show, and I have found some and we are picking them up at Ohio Nat'l.... Awesome little SQ's, Art Lundgren stock.

But........

Now I've I decided that I need a pair of greys! SQ of course. Anyone going to have some awesome SQs at Ohio for sale.....Anyone?......Anyone???? Ms. Turbo? I've been looking at ya'lls site!

I know there will probably be plenty there for sale but I'm nervous to just show up and start looking to buy because I just don't know much about them yet. Thanks in advance to all and I guess we'll be posting pictures here soon!!

Quote:
Just start asking questions. I got really lucky at our last show, there were two sale cages, each with 2 pairs, one cage white, one cage grays. I waited around the calls in the show until I saw someone that obviously owned the bird they were messing with. I walked up and started asking him questions. Turned out he was an employee of the breeder that had the calls for sale. They also won both Champion Waterfowl and Res. Chp. Waterfowl at that show. I just started yapping at them, and they spent LOTS of time with me, also took me around to ALL of the calls that were being shown, and showed me good and bad points of them, both in the whites and in the grays. I finally let my son choose which variety we got, and brought home a trio of the grays. Turns out the breeder actually lives really close to me, and he offered to come by next spring when we have babies and help me sort through them to decide which ones to keep, sell, etc! I LOVE the birds we got, they are so great!!

On a side note, one of the females I got apparently wasn't "supposed" to have gone to the show, she had a different kind of legband, which indicated she had hatched and raised her own babies this spring! Bonus for me!!

I'll post pics in the next few days. On our way home from Ohio right now.... 13 h&r drive so it may take a day or two to get settled in!! We are so excited though. Daughter got a trio of whites that are art lundgren lines. We look forward to any advice critiques etc. We know they aren't perfect but we are just getting started in calls so we are just tickled to have found good birds!!

Winter question for the Call Duck folks...the breeder told me they are very winter hardy...does anyone give supplemental heat to their calls during the winter? I was thinking of just pointing a heat lamp at their pool, but with all their flapping and splashing, I'm afraid they'd shatter the bulb...???

Back
Top Bottom