Bantam Duck Page

Chickie'sMoma :

such a handsome boy there swheat!

Thank you, I have 3 of those(Silver Appleyards), 2 chocolates and a white...All Drakes I will try to get some pics of the Chocolates and the white.

Quote:
The Sebastopols came from in-state..I really love them. Thanks for the compliment.​

Here is a snapshot of my white call drake.

7576_dsc15.jpg

incubator2008.jpg

incubator.jpg

Does any one have any favortie incubators for you bantam ducks?

These are some custom hatchers I made out of Red Wood last year.

Hatched so well I may not use the bantams anymore.

Nice White Call duck above. Anymore pictures?

Nice looking hatcher there ! I do have a Humidaire Model 50(drum type) that I picked up at a trade day. I got a real good deal on it. I haven't used it yet but the turner does and it does generate some heat. I have heard they excellent for hatching waterfowl eggs. I made a hatcher from a upright freezer. It work very well except when it gets above 85 degrees outside. I have used it in the middle of the winter with fantastic results.

I have a couple of call ducks that survived a mink attack recently. Unfortunately, it managed to kill 12 others and a couple of them were very high quailty whites. The white hen that survived has had a problem since birth with flipping onto her back and not being able to get back up. I thought she had grown out of it, but she did it again the other day. Does anyone know what this is caused by? She seems healthy in every other way. I want to post a pic of those two, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Under the fit of the fittest prinicple she would not last long in the wild. When I have had a chicken or duck with these defects its normaly a curse from God. I have a little Grey Call Drake that stayed in his egg to long and could not get out. It screwed up his leg. He folds the leg under and looks like a stump. In water he is normal and I will breed from him. He is my best duck of the year.

Sorry about your loses with the mink. I had a friend loose almost three fouths of his bantam chickens to a mink and he had some lines with over twenty years of breeding in them. bob

I have been inlove with Call Ducks ever since I saw them!
love.gif

Sadly, I highly doubt they'd like Texas's Hot, Dry weather ....
roll.png

Someday ... Someday ... I will get some ... Someday .........

Back
Top Bottom