Female duck not eating well - tube feeding questions

how did i miss this whole thread? just read it today, wow. so glad your duck is getting better, @KCNC06 !! and now I have to put Recover 911 powder on my wish list. every time I think my first aid kit is packed solid (and it is,, a full cabinet,, and a big box too) I learn about something else I can add. Thanks

What a great update. Your poor arms.
Thankfully the bite marks don't hurt. 😂 The bites themselves aren't even that bad. I will say, towards the end of her last molt when she was feeling very bitey, going to donate blood with my arms covered in duck bite marks was pretty awkward. 😂🤣😂

Thankfully the bite marks don't hurt. 😂 The bites themselves aren't even that bad. I will say, towards the end of her last molt when she was feeling very bitey, going to donate blood with my arms covered in duck bite marks was pretty awkward. 😂🤣😂
I bet it was. Sounds like when I had to get my glasses adjusted and was explaining why they were so bent to the tech I said my goose hit me in the face with her wing he was shocked. Those wings can pack a wallop. Needless to say she has never been able to do it sense. Lol

how did i miss this whole thread? just read it today, wow. so glad your duck is getting better, @KCNC06 !! and now I have to put Recover 911 powder on my wish list. every time I think my first aid kit is packed solid (and it is,, a full cabinet,, and a big box too) I learn about something else I can add. Thanks
I had been giving the girls the...darn, can't remember the brand...the one that starts with a "D", anyway, their powder with the oregano in it. I'm not sure if it made any difference with them. Plus I wanted something that had probiotics and electrolytes. I mix up a gallon jug with this Recover 911 stuff and keep it in the refrigerator, use it to fill her cup (because she's a super brat and wants to drink from a cup that I'm holding). I use a little of that when I mix up her feeling formula too. I'm not sure if that's really what's making a difference with her the past couple days or if she's just finally getting over whatever. Last night she even pecked her little Cayuga sister in the beak to tell her to stop being a bully. Bill has been either avoiding most of her sisters or letting them push her around lately which is NOT like her at all. I was glad to see her stand up for herself again!

I bet it was. Sounds like when I had to get my glasses adjusted and was explaining why they were so bent to the tech I said my goose hit me in the face with her wing he was shocked. Those wings can pack a wallop. Needless to say she has never been able to do it sense. Lol
Yikes! I got a black eye from a chicken wing smacking me once, I can't even imagine getting smacked by a goose wing!!

Good thing it was my glasses and not my eye.
Thankfully none of my chickens have smacked me they’ve tried a few time. lol. What worse is being bitten on the lip by my gander I looked like I got in a bar room brawl and lost

Good thing it was my glasses and not my eye.
Thankfully none of my chickens have smacked me they’ve tried a few time. lol. What worse is being bitten on the lip by my gander I looked like I got in a bar room brawl and lost
I recently told my husband that I think I've been bit on the mouth by ducks more than any reasonable person should. He said that he suspended the number of times a reasonable person would be bitten is probably zero. 🙄 Whatever. I'm not going to stop kissing my ducks just because I get bit and end up looking like I had botched lip injections. 😂

@KCNC06 how is your duck doing?
She seems to be getting stronger and brattier all the time. She's still not eating as much as she should but everything else seems normal. She's shaky neck pouncing on her sisters, attacking her toys...and me, her poops look much better. I'm starting to suspect that she likes the added attention of being weighed every morning and getting a "baby bird style" feeding. If I could find duck food that was the shape and texture of my arm she'd probably devour it. 😂😳🙄

Back
Top Bottom