Bantam Grab bag!

bitsyhorse

Songster
5 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Springville, UT
I need some help with the breed (and a couple of colors) on these cuties! (I'm hoping they're all females... not sure if you can tell right now anyways)

This one is a Bantam Cochin, I want to guess it as a splash... but I'm curious if I am right.... any insight?

another Bantam Cochin. I think the coloring is going to be a Silver Laced(?)

Unsure of the breed on this, I think maybe a Black Japanese Bantam? (female?)

and this one, possibly an OEGB? (not sure if male or female)

The last two are super tiny btw. All from the Bantam bin (yay for grab bag!)

Picture of the two Bantam Cochins out in the sunlight. The right one is a very light gray and super light yellow. She also has white and black random markings on her eyelids

I posted in several other threads about my banty chicks (bin pick). Two of mine look similar but I've had some say Welsummer or Easter Eggers.
Your first chick looks like a female Speckled Sussex, because of the white in her wing and her dark and distinct eye mark.The second chick is either a Welsummer or SS, looks like a cockerel from his light eye line. By the way, they are not EEs.

Last edited:
Your first chick looks like a female Speckled Sussex, because of the white in her wing and her dark and distinct eye mark.The second chick is either a Welsummer or SS, looks like a cockerel from his light eye line.

By the way, they are not EEs.

Theyare tiny! I just love the lighter one and figured that he was a he due to the lighter eye mark. He is very, very sweet!
More pictures of both in better light and of their wings.
Chick 1
First day home and she was very unsteady on her feet. After 24 hours of being hand fed pedialyte she perked right up and is fine now.

Chick 2

Last edited:
These are tiny! I just love the lighter one and figured that he was a he due to the lighter eye mark. He is very, very sweet! More pictures of both in better light and of their wings. Chick 1 First day home and she was very unsteady on her feet. After 24 hours of being hand fed pedialyte she perked right up and is fine now. Chick 2
Tey are very cute chicks! I still agree with my guesses, though maybe the Speckled Sussex in a bantam since they are so small?

They were listed as bantam on the receipt but then what I have on the receipt doesn't sound like it's what I actually got. The day old (still had egg tooth) Barred Rock chicks I got from a breeder were a lot bigger than these guys.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom