Bantam Rhode Island Red Thread

Good Day All :)

I am in Southern California and looking for RIR (females only) Chicks... I'd prefer NON-vaccinated

PLEASE HELP. Thank You.
when I lived in CA, a rancher my Dad was acquainted with kept RIR Bantams in his stables. That's when I became interested in them. Hope you can find what you're looking for.
thumbsup.gif

Yeah; I'd like to increase mine too. I ordered 15 RIRB's in April, and got 7 pullets / 8 cockerels. Gave away all but one roo, and hope to hatch some chicks next spring. I'll probably use my two broody White Japanese Black Tail hens to hatch them. They seem to be pretty good mamma's.

If you can't vaccinate them yourself, find a veterinarian. I've vaccinated about everything but chicken. It's rather easy to do. Most vaccines go under the loose skin, and not into the muscle.

p.s. I read your post too fast. I see that you don't want vaccinated poultry. It won't hurt if they are. Good housekeeping.
Mine aren't vaccinated, but they aren't being relocated either.

Last edited:
Howdy Folks: I'm back. PC has been down for awhile. Well; My Rhodes are 25 weeks old. They began laying early in their 24th week. Eggs weigh from 0.85 oz to 1.17 oz. These are PeeWee size. Close to the Japanese bantam eggs, and smaller than my Buff Orpington eggs which are 1.75 to 2 ounces. Really can't determine if all 7 are laying, but I get from 1 to 4 eggs per day from them. Their egg color is a deep off white, or very light tan. Below is Ole MacDonald. He likes to be around me, but he's a little shy. The girls are more friendly, and some love to be held and petted.
How have they settled in over the last few months? Hitting their stride as far as laying? Thinking about getting some from Cackle myself.

Howdy HHF: As for the laying. Their eggs have gotten somewhat larger, especially today's lay. One egg is as large as what my Buff Orpingtons lay. Color is a nice smooth tan, compared to the BO's, which are light dull brown. This cold weather has slowed them down. I get at least one egg per day, and sometimes two. Really can't compare with my other breeds which have been in molt, but are beginning to lay once in awhile now.
A note about Old MacDonald. He is the only one, of all the Roos in the batch that developed the large beautiful comb. The other Roos' though large and well built, just didn't have a comb that I was satisfied with.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom