Bantam Roo w/ Standard Hens?

You just might be able to get by with the two older boys in with the large pullets. If they were large fowl I'd say no, but since they're smaller they can't physically overpower the hens like large cockerels could.

You may also get by with the remaining balance.

the thing with birds is, you just have to watch them and listen to what they're telling you. They can't talk and tell you "hey, I'm feeling crowded or harassed or I just don't like so and so"....so you have to watch them. If you start getting behaviors from your birds, I always look to management. Space and number of birds. If you're having production issues, pecking, constantly battling parasites, brittle feathers, things like that, then what you're doing isn't working and you need to change things.

I would certainly try to keep as many as I could and see how it goes. I currently have 11 bantam roosters and 3 large breeds, some are currently separated because I can't part with them either.

You just might be able to get by with the two older boys in with the large pullets. If they were large fowl I'd say no, but since they're smaller they can't physically overpower the hens like large cockerels could.

You may also get by with the remaining balance.

the thing with birds is, you just have to watch them and listen to what they're telling you. They can't talk and tell you "hey, I'm feeling crowded or harassed or I just don't like so and so"....so you have to watch them. If you start getting behaviors from your birds, I always look to management. Space and number of birds. If you're having production issues, pecking, constantly battling parasites, brittle feathers, things like that, then what you're doing isn't working and you need to change things.

Will do!

Thank you for your help
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom