Bantams with feathered feet

i dunno...the patridge one is a pest, it bites, i pick it up and lay on back in my hand and pet it until it calms down. the mottled one seems to be a hen, i agree curly seems to be a male very red comb, and he and other buff cochin act very different than the rest, even this young they posture at each other, they act like roos

Your black one is actually a black FRIZZLE cochin which are really cool!
hit.gif
SO sorry about your other chick. Some times it happens, I did for me.
sad.png

Aww, those chicks are darling! I'm a big fan of cochin bantams. I have two frizzle cochins, one black and one mottled. Let me share a pic:

23665_letsplay.jpg

These are all bantams. (My eye candy, pet flock). There are two Polish (the rooster is frizzle), and then you can see the two black ones, which are the cochins. The solid black one is my favorite. Her name is Little Blackie, named after the pony on the movie True Grit. Then there is a silkie.

Hey, don't forget to share more pics as they grow and feather out!

Sharon

Lol the little black frizzle cochin looks so terrible at this stage of feathering. It looks like he's disgusted with it too, looking at his own feathers and going "Well, h*ll"

Kippy: i did post pics at very beginning of thread
Pele: i was thinking the same thing about the frizzle, he is so ugly he can barely stand himself, my daughter said she didnt like the adult frizzles either said it looked like something the cat barfed up,
lol.png
but i think they look very cool. i have a non frizzle mottled hen i cant wait to bred him to!
big_smile.png

chicmom: that mottled one you posted is a cutie.
wink.png
sadly, most of my bantams are roos(3 out 5 only one cochin Bantam hen, the other is a jap blk tailed wht), looks i'll be buying or hatching some more much to my hubby's dismay, unless the pesty partridge one gets magically nicer he will be rehomed or eaten. i know i will be keeping the frizzle, but dunno if i will keep the other two bantam roos.
Poppy17: thanks i was kinda bummed about it, it was a sweetie, but out of 16 chicks i have only lost 1, not bad in my opinion. they are 5 or 6 weeks now, i did a lousy job picking out pullets, but i am hoping to gain experience for the future on sexing them. my "Ameraucana " chicks are doing great as well.
PtldChick: i really think the patridge one is a roo as well, comb has really darked and blossomed recently, maybe it is a mutt of some kind, it's no matter, just got them for pets anyway, i was just wondering, so i won't look like a complete idiot when people ask me about them lol

Back
Top Bottom